Workday Technical Architect at Universal Music Group
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
What Bandmember Are You?
- Solution Planning - including solution, scope, estimates, assumptions, and risks.
- Responsible for overall Workday configuration, security, integrations architecture and development and will assist with implementing new features and functionalities that get released by Workday as required.
- Collaborates with other IT stakeholders and will own the technical development and support activities configured in Workday.
- Drive data integrity between systems including developing new audits to capture data errors and ensure check and balance is operational across systems.
- Continuously researches new capability areas within Workday, work with functional SME's to vet against current business gaps and how the gaps can be remediated.
- Performs Workday technical system activities - business process configuration; security fundamentals, calculated fields, report writer, integrations, EIBs.
- Technical expert on Workday Payroll, Advanced Compensation, Core Compensation, Absence Management, Core HR, Recruiting, Time &Talent.
- Work directly with HR and IT stakeholders to confirm requirements, identify gaps and risks, suggest alternatives, advise on best practices, facilitate discussions and ultimately drive requirements to sign-off.
- Develop and implement scalable, flexible solutions that are extensible to future business needs in areas of HCM, Comp, Advanced Comp, Security, Payroll, Time, & Absence Management
How You Will Rock Your Role
- Deep understanding of architectural concepts, issues, and trends in the HR solutions area covering HIRE TO RETIRE business capabilities.
- Thorough understanding of software development life cycles, development and technology tools, testing methodologies, and requirements gathering.
- Expertise in the full range of Workday proprietary tools (Report Writer, Calculated Fields, EIB, Workday Studio, BP Config)
- Expertise in the Workday modules (Core HCM, Recruiting, Compensation, Advanced Compensation, Payroll, Talent Management, Benefits, Absence Management, Time Tracking, Security)
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem resolution skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must exhibit a strong process management and business orientation skills.
- Must be a team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus.
- Requires 7+ years of experience in IT with a minimum of 4+ years' experience implementing HR technologies (specifically Workday). At least 2 full cycle workday implementations preferred.
- 2+ years of deep Workday data model and security experience
- Workday Certification is preferred
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, HR-related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
What's In It For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.