Vice President, IT Engineering
Want to be part of a company that is changing the game for some of the world’s most notable brands and disruptive companies? We thought so.
As the VP IT Engineering, your role is to help TaskUs scale by implementing secure, stable, secure and robust infrastructure. Our tech strategy is to build cloud based, work securely, and work from anywhere platforms. You will drive the Architecture and Engineering components of this environment. You will also push the boundaries with the use of emerging technologies. In order to be considered, you will have a proven track record of utilizing your technical background to solve difficult problems. Your technical skills, project management and organizational skills will be used to collaborate closely with local and remote teams. You will translate broad requirements into the specific platform requirements. Your leadership skills will help guide a diverse, multi-functional team to implement new technologies and systems. You strive to maintain, update, and upgrade existing infrastructure to keep them performing at top efficiency. You love new challenges every single day and are analytical, results-oriented, and have great attention to detail. Your customer is our front line team mates that are the biggest consumer of your product.
At TaskUs we look for individuals who are constantly striving for excellence in both their personal and professional lives. Our rapid growth demands high performance, and we're proud to say that we have a talented and motivated team along for the ride. If you’re looking for a new challenge or just want to be a part of something historic, join us. Let’s change the way the world works.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Lead a team of Engineers that will design, build and support our network platform, AWS, Active Directory, Virtualization platforms, MAC infrastructure and Windows desktop image.
- Provide technical guidance in the identification and resolution of system performance problems
- Direct and respond to infrastructure outages, including technical troubleshooting and situation management
- Ensure issues are resolved within defined SLAs
- Design and specify future infrastructure deployments with considerations for capacity, availability, security, and interoperability and ranges all the way from the underlying hardware to the application tier
- Respond to and provide accountability for audit and governance inquiries
- Mentor and provide guidance for more junior members of the team
- Vendor and service provider management
- Lead on-site and off-shore support personnel
- Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft Active Directory, Windows 10
- Cisco, Palo Alto Networking Gear
- Amazon Workspaces
- MS SQL
- Experience managing teams of 3+
- Excellent problems solving, critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Team oriented
- BPO experience is a major plus
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Standing and sitting for sustained periods of time, at least 50%
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading
TaskUs provides next generation customer experience that powers the world’s most disruptive companies through the partnership of amazing people and innovative technology.
We provide Ridiculously Good strategy, business process optimization, revolutionary technology and the best talent to deliver transformational, digital scale.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. We embrace a culture that fosters a best-in-class employee experience. It’s no wonder we have been named as one of the “Best Places to Work” by the LA Business Journal.
TaskUs has been recognized on the Inc. “5,000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America” list the past five years and The Los Angeles Business Journal’s “100 Fastest Growing Private Companies” the previous three years. TaskUs is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, with operations across the United States, Latin America and the Philippines.
Some of our RIDICULOUS perks include:
- Dog friendly office – we even have a dog park within walking distance of our office!
- Competitive health benefits
- Annual professional development stipend
- Laundry, wellness, cellphone & home internet reimbursements
- 401K Match
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours to keep you recharged
- Work from home and summer Fridays
- Weekly lunches & a fully stocked kitchen / fridge
- Mindfulness meditation lessons
- A completely employee centric culture
- Relentless focus on experimentation
To learn more about TaskUs’ career offerings and to apply, please visit www.taskus.com/hq-careers/.
TaskUs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.