Support Engineer II
Since 1996, iHerb has continued its mission, built on providing a wide selection of health and wellness products to individuals around the globe at a reasonable cost. iHerb remains vigilant in its pursuit to ensure it maintains an expansive selection of over 30,000 online products to its customers. We are continuously innovating and expanding, committed to bringing the best in healthy products around the world. Our vision is to be the dominant health and wellness brand globally and to provide the best value for natural products.
View our LinkedIn!
View our Careers Video!
The Support Engineer (SE) will proactively monitor and administer all monitoring systems ensuring application uptime and system availability to the business. SE will provide Tier II engineering support to all iHerb internal teams including DevOps, Systems, Network, Database and Development. SE is responsible for responding to, investigating, resolving and/or assisting in the resolution of to all triggered alerts. Additionally the SE will assist the DevOps and Infrastructure teams in day-to-day administrative tasks and projects.
- Develop solutions to problems through automation & scripting
- Serve as a project implementation owner for the team
- Provide technical support, training and mentorship to junior team members
- Provide Second Tier Engineering and Administrative support for day-to-day operations to proprietary applications, networking, systems and other various business functions.
- Serve as initial responder to incidents to troubleshoot and resolve application & system issues adhering to ITIL standards
- Track and manage incident tickets following ITIL standards
- Monitor all production infrastructure and applications according to standardized processes
- Manage day-to-day ticket queue, adhering to ITIL change and incident management processes.
- Create and maintain documentation for functional areas of responsibility including SOPs, Runbooks and Incident Reports
- Maintain and improve current application, system monitoring and logging solutions
- Experience developing & implementing automation through webhooks and apis
- Proficiency troubleshooting Windows, Linux and Kubernetes based infrastructure and applications
- Proficiency managing monitoring solutions such as Datadog, PRTG, Prometheus or Nagios
- Experience with Continuous Integration & Deployment tools such as Jenkins, Harness, TeamCity
- Experience leading incident response and management
- Experience with on premises infrastructure management (Bare Metal, Virtualization)
- Experience with cloud based infrastructure management (AWS, GCP, Azure & Alibaba)
- Working knowledge of basic network protocols & troubleshooting experience including but not limited to DHCP, DNS, FTP/S, SMTP, HTTP/S, Telnet, NTP and SSH
- High Level understanding of system & application monitoring best practices
- Must be able read, write and speak fluent English
- Ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Ability to work independently & accurately in a fast paced work environment
- Generally requires a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a technology support role or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required. A focus in Computer Science(s) & technical certifications are a plus.