Senior Software Engineer - IT
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
As Riot continues to deliver and scale content to a global audience of passionate gamers, Riot’s IT Discipline is packed with challenges and opportunities centered on designing, building, and maintaining global infrastructure that supports the organization’s growth. Delivering a stable and adaptable foundation is difficult as it can change as quickly as the Meta. However, this isn’t your traditional corporate IT job where you are siloed into a single specialty and expected to churn out the same product in repetition. We are the backbone of delivering towards our consistent dream of being “Player Experience First.” Our Engineers are flexible, adaptable, and voracious in their pursuit of developing new techniques that give us the ability to automate and scale, while growing in their particular area of expertise. They are mentors, innovators, and only satisfied when they are delivering value above expectations.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Sr Software Engineer, you’ll be exposed to both new and current technology while building innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and deliver player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the IT Discipline, you will be responsible for creating and automating IT processes through software. Your experience will allow you to work autonomously on stitching together APIs and creating solutions for self service, making things easier for Rioters in the process. You’ll have the chance to work with teams and technology across all of Riot, learning the ins and outs of various systems in order to develop and integrate. You’ll provide mentorship to other engineers on the team, create documentation for ongoing support, and ensure engineering best practices are followed.
- Develop software and tools utilizing a variety of technologies.
- Practice Agile methodology for designing, testing, and deploying software.
- Support, maintain, and improve existing tools and platforms.
- Work alongside multiple disciplinary teams for common goals.
- Contribute insight and experience in how to improve a practice of Continuous Improvement and Code Release.
- Participate in design reviews to ensure forward/backward compatibility with existing architectures.
- Create and consistently review software verification/QA plans and procedures.
- Practice excellent documentation techniques.
- Solicit client feedback for improvements to delivered projects.
- Participate in long-term project plans in alignment with Riot's strategic initiatives.
- Mentor other engineers on the team and across Riot
- Manage relationships and leverage 3rd party vendors for technical/strategic solutions
- Contribute to RFCs including creating from scratch.
- DevOps focus and experience with building and deploying infrastructure for Cloud deployment. Technologies including (or similar to) Ansible, Chef, Terraform, and Jenkins.
- Reusable, maintainable, and stable automated testing frameworks.
- Agile development and project management methodologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple, contending, priorities in service of strategic initiatives.
- Extraordinary collaboration and communication skills.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).