Senior NOC Technician
- Be a senior member of a team who is responsible the monitoring and improvement of Bird services
- Ensure that members of the NOC team are maintaining a high-level of communication between other mission teams during incidents, and performing retrospectives at the conclusion of all incidents on what could be improved for next time
- Participate in an on-call rotation with the rest of the NOC team
- Develop a strong understanding of all Bird systems and how they interact with one another, then contribute to advanced monitoring and predictive alerting systems to identify potential problems before our riders do
- Take point on managing relationships with other teams within Bird, ensuring that the NOC has representation and the resources it needs from other teams in order to succeed
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other members of the NOC team; you’re responsible for setting the standard
- Wisdom and Experience. You’ve successfully led other on-call teams through fires for years and have the scars and stories to prove it. You keep a cool head in stressful situations
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills. You are responsible for gathering updates from the appropriate parties during incidents and disseminating that information out to internal and external stakeholders.
- Command-line mastery. A terminal is your default interface.
- Scripting capabilities. You’ve written advanced scripts in multiple languages to help ensure you’re running a well-oiled machine (Be sure to include anything you’ve published on GitHub with your application).
- Solid DBA skills. You’ve maintained a variety of database platforms (MySQL, Postgres, InfluxDB, Elasticsearch, etc.) and can speak in depth on at least one of them and some of the challenges you faced with it.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- A demonstrable commitment to improving the technical skills of the people on their team.
- You lead through example.
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services. You understand the difference between an AMI, IAM and an ALB.
- Experience building eye-catching and informative dashboards with visualization tools such as Grafana, Kibana and CloudWatch
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.