Senior NOC Technician at Bird
!Sorry, this job was removed at 4:58 p.m. (CST) on Monday, June 10, 2019
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Bird is passionate about solving last mile transportation. Our product gets people out of the cars and where they need to go, all while having fun and using renewable energy. Our business is multi faceted and requires managing & scaling cloud services, complex technical operations such as fleet management, provisioning tools, and more. We are developing from the ground up a global platform to meet today and tomorrow's transportation needs. Help us build, scale and operate our platform to ensure that we are a service that our customers can count on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year!
- Be a senior member of a team who is responsible the monitoring and improvement of Bird services
- Ensure that members of the NOC team are maintaining a high-level of communication between other mission teams during incidents, and performing retrospectives at the conclusion of all incidents on what could be improved for next time
- Participate in an on-call rotation with the rest of the NOC team
- Develop a strong understanding of all Bird systems and how they interact with one another, then contribute to advanced monitoring and predictive alerting systems to identify potential problems before our riders do
- Take point on managing relationships with other teams within Bird, ensuring that the NOC has representation and the resources it needs from other teams in order to succeed
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other members of the NOC team; you’re responsible for setting the standard
- Wisdom and Experience. You’ve successfully led other on-call teams through fires for years and have the scars and stories to prove it. You keep a cool head in stressful situations
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills. You are responsible for gathering updates from the appropriate parties during incidents and disseminating that information out to internal and external stakeholders.
- Command-line mastery. A terminal is your default interface
- Scripting capabilities. You’ve written advanced scripts in multiple languages to help ensure you’re running a well-oiled machine (Be sure to include anything you’ve published on GitHub with your application)
- Solid DBA skills. You’ve maintained a variety of database platforms (MySQL, Postgres, InfluxDB, Elasticsearch, etc.) and can speak in depth on at least one of them and some of the challenges you faced with it.
- A demonstrable commitment to improving the technical skills of the people on their team
- You lead through example
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services. You understand the difference between an AMI, IAM and an ALB
- Experience building eye-catching and informative dashboards with visualization tools such as Grafana, Kibana and CloudWatch
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description