Senior Network Engineer at Verifi
Verifi, Inc., a Visa company, is currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Senior Network Engineer!
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community and creating new friendships.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the ecommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible for:
- Hands on setup of network and storage devices onsite in the datacenter
- Assessing network capacity and bottlenecks
- Managing monitoring of network activity and performance
- Troubleshooting and document live issues affecting network connectivity
- Designing, developing, and implementing end-to-end integrated systems
- Executing test plans to evaluate infrastructure performance and characteristics
- Coordinating with equipment makers and service providers on issues
- Participating in the design process as the production infrastructure evolves
- Understanding of Infrastructure Security issues (CISSP, PCI)
- Any ad Hoc Duties as needed
You bring to the table your:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, coupled with 5+ years of work experience; In lieu of degree, must have a minimum of 7 years related work experience
- Demonstrated technical experience and success managing high traffic, high available systems
- Experience in architecting large scale, multi-site, highly available solutions
- Experience supporting an Internet-facing application network infrastructure
- Thorough and current knowledge of CISCO equipment backed by concrete hands-on experience
- Hands on experience with transport layer protocols such as BGP, MPLS, Multicasting
- Experience with application layer protocols such as LDAP and DNS
- Hands on experience with network load balancers (such as F5 BigIP/LTM/GTM)
- Strong understanding of virtualization tools and concepts
- Good understanding of firewalls, IPSec VPNs, VLANs and network security
- Familiarity with storage solutions such as EMC
- Good understanding of monitoring all devices and servers on network
- Familiarity with OpenStack and its Nova and Neutron networking models
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Work from home Friday’s!
- Dynamic, stimulating, and open environment with opportunity for personal development.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
- 401k w/ match, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays.
- Paid parking and complimentary food.
- Socially conscious and community-oriented company.
- Energized employment filled with activities and events.
- Competitive Base Salary, plus bonus