Senior Deskside Support Technician
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are seeking a talented Sr Deskside Support Technician to join our IT Client Services team supporting Interscope Geffen A&M. The Sr Deskside Support Technician will perform the essential skills needed for a high-profile customer facing role, responsible for developing and maintaining the IT relationship with UMG. Serving as a trusted advisor, you will ensure that clients have a clear visibility of IT Services and understand both the available services, and what is not in our scope of services.
The objective of this role is to provide professional and timely support for a wide range of IT equipment, software and conference room systems within a global organization. The ideal candidate will have excellent technical and interpersonal skills as well as a commitment to supporting our team values: Being of service to our clients; having a passion for our work; exemplifying integrity in all that we do and acting with courage by doing the right thing for our clients and business. The role will also have a dotted line reporting into the Business Unit CFO serving as a business partner for IT strategy.
The role will suit a candidate who has the interpersonal skills to complement their technical skills and is someone who can empathize with the client's perspective and simplify technical information. The suitable candidate will also have a sense of urgency and a strong desire to provide outstanding service.
The service you will provide is high visibility front line end user support at our IGA - Santa Monica location, and may also cover smaller sites as needed.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent team player, able to assist their colleagues, and be able to contribute to overall team goals, whilst also being comfortable able to remain productive when working alone.
The environment is a mixture of Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac devices, with a diverse and demanding user community that expects a consistent level of service quality.
You will be the main point of contact for the customer to understand their IT Support needs as well as discuss and review ongoing performance of IT as it relates to them.
Your role will involve maintaining a high level of contact with your clients, fostering long term relationships and guiding them towards standard IT solutions whilst ensuring that they are satisfied with the services provided by IT. You will be required to gain a deep understanding of customer needs and business drivers and be able to influence clients in a positive way.
The role requires a high level of customer service orientation skills. The role holder must be able to pay attention to detail and have a proactive approach to issues and opportunities, along with a sense of urgency, and the ability to respond quickly to customer needs, with speed and accuracy.
• Provide IT support by diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults and troubleshooting basic technology issues
• Talking clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help resolve issues or configure systems
• Installing and configuring computer hardware and software
• Maintaining and updating support information and actions in the IT Ticketing system, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
• Following standard procedures and written instructions to repair a fault or set up computer systems
• Supporting the roll-out of new applications, tools and services
• Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
• Responding within agreed time limits to incidents and service requests
• Working continuously on a task until completion (or escalating to another group where appropriate)
• Prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time
• Establishing a good working relationship with customers and colleagues within IT
Representing IT with professionalism and demonstrating IT values at all times
• Ability to manage multiple client priorities, coordinate activities and manage expectations
• Excellent time management skills
• Technical knowledge of ITSM tools (e.g. ticketing systems, reporting & survey management).
• Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Demonstrable ability to establish positive working relationships with internal clients as well as peers in IT
• Ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization and handle each request with discretion, tact, diplomacy and patience
• Strong analytical / technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills across the wide range of technology
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products for versions 2010, 2011, and 2013 and Office 365
• Strong PC/Laptop hardware troubleshooting and deployment skills
• Strong software application installation/troubleshooting skills
• Familiarity with installing and supporting various third-party software
• Understanding of basic networking and network troubleshooting
• Working knowledge of ServiceNow
• Minimum 10 years' experience supporting IT solutions for an entertainment or creative company
• Comfortable working with both PC and Mac platforms across a variety of operating systems (including Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra for mac; Windows 7 and Windows 10 for PC
• Previous experience of supporting Apple hardware and software (MacBook, iPad, iPhone, Keynote, Mac OS, iOS)
• Previously worked as part of a team, collaborating effectively with colleagues and team members across IT
• Experience of delivering services to and interacting with VIPs and Executives.
• Undergraduate degree, with a focus on technology or music.
• ITIL V3 Foundation certification or equivalent experience
• Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) or Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), or equivalent demonstrable experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.