Senior Cassandra System Engineer at Tinder
Powering the world's most popular app for meeting new people requires highly scalable, low-latency and fault-tolerant platform to store mission-critical data. As a Senior Cassandra Engineer/Architect, you will be primarily responsible for configuring and maintaining the overall health of large scale Cassandra clusters. You will also be responsible for crafting optimal data models, planning queries, and establishing standard methodologies for the team. This is a position in a highly collaborative environment working with other skilled developers at Tinder to continuously improve database architecture and execution.
This is a full-time position based in our office in Los Angeles, CA.In this role, you will:
- Design, configure, and maintain Apache Cassandra clusters in AWS cloud environment.
- Analyze data access patterns and identify hotspots and bottlenecks.
- Design and review data models, and help developers plan high performing queries.
- Define and establish best practices with Cassandra, including configuration, monitoring health and back-ups of the cluster.
- Lead storage capacity of the cluster and help plan for growth based on future project goals.
- Diagnose and solve production issues.
- Hands-on experience with Apache Cassandra, including installing, configuring and monitoring a Cassandra cluster.
- Experience with Cassandra data modeling and CQL scripting.
- Experience with data replication in multi-region with Cassandra.
- Strong experience with one or two other database systems including ElasticSearch, RDS (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Aurora), Amazon DynamoDB, Kafka, or Redis
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform, Puppet, Docker, etc.)
- Experience with Linux Operating Systems.
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an exceptional team of forward-thinking, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, a competitive pay, 401(k) match
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Daily catered lunches, an endless supply of refreshments, fitness classes, and social events
- A modern, uplifting work environment in an ideal location