Senior Analyst, SOX IT
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Reporting to the Manager, SOX IT Compliance, the Senior Analyst, SOX IT Compliance is a key member of the Finance team and assists with the SOX ITGC compliance program. The Senior Analyst, SOX IT assists the Manager, SOX IT Compliance in the company’s implementation and maintenance of SOX IT compliance initiatives. Further, this role assists with development of company-wide IT control standards, manages and participates in IT control-related projects. S/he partners with stakeholders throughout the company including Engineering, Finance, Information Security, Integrations, Support and Security Operations to identify solutions, process improvements, and provides training on ITGC control-related initiatives.
To effectively perform these duties, the Senior Analyst, SOX IT obtains a broad understanding of the company’s IT environment including the technology and has a deep knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley requirements. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge and experience in the areas of SOX IT, COSO framework and PCAOB guidance related to the high technology industry. Research, communication, collaboration and project management skills will be instrumental in the success of this role. Other success factors for this role include being comfortable with change, being resourceful and exhibiting professional curiosity. The Senior Analyst, SOX IT Compliance needs to be able to work as an individual contributor and collaborate with resources from a third-party consulting firm.
- Assist with the annual SOX IT risk assessment, scoping, testing approach and timing. This will include a comprehensive assessment of key ITGC and rationalization.
- Liaise with and provide direction to internal and/or external teams in performance of SOX compliance activities ensuring issues are identified, tracked, and resolved.
- Work with all key technology owners to identify, document, review, implement, and certify internal controls related to the IT environment. This includes the development and review of control templates, process narratives, and process mapping or flow charts.
- Identify recommendations and work with IT owners to implement process improvements to ensure compliance, drive sustainability and continuously improve the company’s compliance initiatives, primarily focused on SOX ITGC compliance.
- Obtain annual SOC 1 reports from the relevant service organizations and assess implications on the company’s IT internal controls and ability to rely on third-party information.
- Coordinate and manage timeline, communication and documentation with external auditors.
- Work closely with stakeholders to create/maintain system narratives, identify key controls, and assess design of IT key controls.
- Develop recommendations for remediation of control deficiencies and work with stakeholders to implement fixes.
- Demonstrate clear and concise writing, and verbal skills to communicate complex IT issues in simple terms to executive management and team members.
- Produce quality deliverables supporting analysis and recommendations to stakeholders and executive management.
- Manage SOX projects and activities including interactions with external consultants and outside auditors in reporting status of work to executive management.
- Conduct Sarbanes-Oxley general IT controls, IT application control and key report testing.
- Assist with special projects and strategic initiatives including company system implementations and conversions. Assess such implementations for compliance with System Development Lifecycle requirements.
- Build productive working relationships with peers, reviewers and management.
- Work with other team members to develop best practices and a base of knowledge for future use.
- Stay current with emerging issues affecting the IT auditing profession (e.g., PCAOB).
- BS or BA in relevant field (Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance, Economics, Accounting)
- Certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA or CIA, preferred
- 4+ years of experience including both public accounting and industry experience
- Industry experience with high technology companies and demonstrate proficiency with issues that are typical for technology companies with a complex IT environment
- Extensive experience with Sarbanes Oxley, PCAOB requirements, and COSO Framework required
- Experience with international operations
- Proven results in process improvement, project management and change management
- Strong organizational skills, follow through and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and see tasks/projects through to completion, meet deadlines and understand when to escalate matters if needed
- Ability to make effective and independent judgments, including the ability to develop creative solutions to difficult problems
- Ability to make sound situational decisions even in the absence of precedent or experience
- Ability to summarize complex and/or technical information into easy-to-understand pieces (distinguishing message delivery from analysis)
- Ability to understand latest industry trends and their potential impact on the company
- Ability to juggle multiple high priorities in a fast-paced environment and have a willingness to learn
- Outstanding communication skills – including written and verbal communications, interpersonal, analytical, negotiating and problem-solving skills; proven ability to work cross-functionally
The ideal candidate will be ready to uphold the highest levels of integrity as a baseline. It is critical that the candidate have a willingness and ability to lead in a hyper-growth environment - with all of the complexity that environment brings.
The ideal candidate will bring strong operational capabilities but should also have deep technical skills. The ideal candidate will be a confident, effective communicator and will engender followership and loyalty. S/he will bring significant successful experience interacting with external auditors.
Stylistically, the candidate must be high-energy and willing to “roll up their sleeves”.
The Trade Desk will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.