Network Engineer at Clutter
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including Softbank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 1,000+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we've focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Network Engineer to support the growing IT infrastructure of one of Los Angeles’ most dynamic and fast growing venture-backed startups. The position is full time and will be based out of our office in Los Angeles. Please note that travel to our regional facilities is required.
What you'll do:
- Maintain Clutter's nationwide infrastructure to provide a high level of uptime
- Provide architectural best practices for setting up Wifi in large warehouse and office environments
- Remotely troubleshoot issues for HQ and our warehouses nationwide
- Build, maintain and support routers, switches, next-gen firewalls, wireless, and other networking infrastructure
- Provide technical expertise to less experienced IT specialists by knowledge sharing and cross-training
- Extensive travel required to our regional offices and warehouses
- Build and maintain cloud/virtual network infrastructure (Azure and AWS)
- Monitor and troubleshoot infrastructure using SNMP, syslog, wireshark, etc.
- Work with external parties such as ISPs, construction contractors and low-voltage vendors for network builds
- Configure network monitoring and alerting across all sites
- Develop and maintain network documentation
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years networking experience in a multi-site environment
- Proficient in WAN connectivity setup and troubleshooting
- Proficient with VPNs such as IPSec, and SSL VPNs
- Experience setting up and managing controller-based Wi-Fi networks, such as Cisco, Aruba, Ruckus, Xirrus, etc
- Familiarity with cloud and virtualization technologies such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Familiarity with Cisco, Juniper and Aruba/HP routers, switches, firewalls, load-balancers, etc.
- Experience supporting call centers preferred
- Experience with scripting, automation and/or developing tools for network management
- Network certifications (CCNP, JNCIP, CWNP, CCNA, JNCIS) preferred
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.