Linux System Administrator - Contractor at Verifi
Verifi, Inc., a Visa company, is currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Linux Systems Administrator, in a project contractor role!
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity, and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the ecommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with development teams to meet each other’s requirements in an agile, rapidly increasing infrastructure
- Finding the best way to remediate security vulnerabilities within Linux, Ruby, Java, and other software packages and development frameworks
- Configuring and running automation scripts and commands to apply changes across several Linux servers and VMs at once
- Testing Linux OS and configuration changes using technologies such as Docker, Vagrant, and Chef
- Troubleshooting issues by analyzing server logs and error codes/messages
- Working with 3rd party vendors to safely apply Linux OS configuration changes and vulnerability remediations
You bring to the table your:
- 5+ years of experience as a Linux Systems Administrator
- Some familiarity with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible or something similar
- Experience with a majority of the following:
- VM Hypervisor technology
- Computer Networking including routing, switching, and load balancing
- Working knowledge of change management processes and tools, such as Git and Bamboo
- Experience remediating security vulnerabilities including Linux patching and package management
- Background analyzing server logs and error code messages, troubleshooting any issues as needed
- Experience with Splunk is preferred
- Familiarity with Cloud computing platforms, specifically AWS
- Strong ability to collaborate across departments to resolve technical problems
- Prior experience managing servers in a single HA environment and/or multiple geographically separated server clusters
- Ability to learn new technologies, with a passion for open source
*Please note, the position is Temp for initially 9 months, with the possibility to extend further.
**Verifi is located in Los Angeles, however at present is in a work from home environment