Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better Opportunity:
Better is looking for a self-starter to join our IT Lifecycle Management team. In addition to helping to process, maintain, and conduct IT Lifecycle Management at Better, this individual will be responsible for onboarding and offboarding employees in their assigned locations. The ideal candidate is a customer-service driven, adept communicator, who is technically savvy and can balance day-to-day site operations within the cycles of onboarding and offboarding. Candidates should be comfortable with enforcing and complying with IT practices, enabling end users to stay aligned with business needs and policies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of the hardware and software lifecycle (From procurement to end user delivery, including onboarding and offboarding)
- Provision, manage, and troubleshoot employee's laptops
- Install and configure MacOS and Windows 10 Applications
- Facilitate Better employee onboarding and offboarding processes
- Effectively communicate with service desk users to resolve requests in a timely manner
- Coordinate and Escalate issues to respective internal teams
- Facilitate the builds and updates of all computer images (MAC & Windows)
- Manage all Better end user assets, maintain and enforce IT best practices, policies and procedures
- Troubleshoot client software and basic network connectivity problems
- Identify, evaluate and prioritize customer problems and complaints
- Participate in on-going training and departmental development
- Create all required documentation including standards, configurations and diagrams
- Maintain constant communication with Security, SaaS, Infrastructure and Support departments
- Enforce and uphold best practices of office physical and cyber IT security
- This role requires physical presence in office and is not a work from home position
- 2-3 Years Experience in IT Support and Service Desk
- Excellent customer service skills
- Asset Management Expert (inventory management, tagging)
- Experience managing SaaS applications
- Detail Oriented, can produce organized, concise documentation
- Self Starter - You enjoy taking initiative and identifying efficiency gaps
- Driven by your contribution and ownership in projects
- Motivated to set and accomplish goals
- Experience with Active Directory (users, groups)
- Fundamental understanding of macOS at a technical level
- Experienced with Help Desk ticketing systems
- Preference for those who have worked with remote teams
- Have a passion for serving and helping people
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.