IT Systems Engineer
Want to be part of a company that is changing the game for some of the world’s most notable brands and disruptive companies? We thought so.
The IT Systems Engineer (SE) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related networking infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to TaskUs standards for security, performance and reliability.
This individual will assist team mates, corporate workers and project teams with technical issues and build outs to our production standard . These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Windows Server, Network infrastructure, ISP configuration, Security Infrastructure such as firewalls, intrusion detection, AV, DLP, etc.
At TaskUs we look for individuals who are constantly striving for excellence in both their personal and professional lives. Our rapid growth demands high performance, and we're proud to say that we have a talented and motivated team along for the ride. If you’re looking for a new challenge or just want to be a part of something historic, join us. Let’s change the way the world works.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- SA Engineering and Provisioning
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems such as supports production infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Operations and Support
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier I and Tier II support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports production infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Bachelor degree with a technical major (Engineering, Computer Science, etc.)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- 8+ years of progressive technical experience
- 3+ years of experience in a production contact center
- Strong business acumen
- Flexibility to sometimes work evenings/weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Standing and sitting for sustained periods of time, at least 50%
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading
TaskUs provides next generation customer experience that powers the world’s most disruptive companies through the partnership of amazing people and innovative technology.
We provide Ridiculously Good strategy, business process optimization, revolutionary technology and the best talent to deliver transformational, digital scale.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. We embrace a culture that fosters a best-in-class employee experience. It’s no wonder we have been named as one of the “Best Places to Work” by the LA Business Journal.
TaskUs has been recognized on the Inc. “5,000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America” list the past five years and The Los Angeles Business Journal’s “100 Fastest Growing Private Companies” the previous three years. TaskUs is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, with operations across the United States, Latin America and the Philippines.
Some of our RIDICULOUS perks include:
- Dog friendly office – we even have a dog park within walking distance of our office!
- Competitive health benefits
- Annual professional development stipend
- Laundry, wellness, cellphone & home internet reimbursements
- 401K Match
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours to keep you recharged
- Work from home and summer Fridays
- Weekly lunches & a fully stocked kitchen / fridge
- Mindfulness meditation lessons
- A completely employee centric culture
- Relentless focus on experimentation
To learn more about TaskUs’ career offerings and to apply, please visit www.taskus.com/hq-careers/.
TaskUs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.