IT Systems Administrator
We’re looking for an IT Systems Administrator to help monitor, administer, and provide reporting on a variety of key IT systems at Procore. This is a fast paced role that requires solid technical, analysis, communication, and troubleshooting skills. As an integral member of the IT team, you will be responsible for administering various SaaS and on premise systems to ensure proper operation and security. You thrive working both independently and in a team environment and have a strong desire to help people do their best work through technology.
What you’ll do:
- Perform regular reviews of system logs, event logs, and activity reports to ensure proper operation and adherence to policies and best practices.
- Monitor system performance using monitoring tools, dashboards, and reports and quickly resolve system issues
- Participate in the onboarding and off-boarding process, including provisioning and revocation of hardware and system/software access.
- Ensure successful completion of data backup and retention systems by performing regular audits, testing, and maintenance.
- Identify and troubleshoot identity and access management system issues.
- Work closely with other engineering, operations, and support teams to deliver and maintain new capabilities and systems.
- Perform regular reviews and spot-checks of documentation and procedures, and provide updates and feedback regarding necessary changes or identified gaps.
- Assist with patch management and deployment initiatives, including patch management systems and update tools.
- Partner with other IT teams and staff to provide updated processes, procedures, and training for system deployment and use.
- Ensure complete compliance with all security, usage, and change management controls and policies.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, STEM, IT or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of IT work experience, with at least 3+ years of experience in systems or network administration.
- Hands on experience with enterprise IT systems such as Active Directory, Okta, AWS, VMware VSphere/VCenter, or similar.
- Demonstrated experience with various operating systems, including Windows, OS X, and Linux.
- Understanding of network environments (ACLs, VLANs, WLANs, etc.) and related tools.
- Experience in building system administration process and best practices to ensure data and system integrity.
- Direct experience with centralized logging and management tools such as Nagios, Splunk, or Solarwinds
- Experience with a broad set of system administration tools for troubleshooting and analysis.
- Able to work in a dispersed team environment, share information, and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Knowledge and experience with API and ETL concepts and tools.
- Experience managing enterprise conferencing solutions such as Zoom, GoToMeeting, or WebEx.
- MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, VCP, and/or ITIL Foundations certifications.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.