What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented IT Security Manager to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As an IT Security Manager, you’ll lead a team that evaluates information security risks to inform pragmatic improvements to policy, standards, and guidelines. You’ll empower and maintain Procore's rapid innovation culture by helping design and iterate on security controls to address risks. You stay informed about the dynamic regulatory landscape, industry trends, and internal operations, and communicate and drive innovative solutions for governance and compliance at scale.
This position requires a mix of general business and technical acumen with strong people-management skills, the ability to inspire and influence decisions around security risk management, and a polished ability to communicate with key executives, external regulators, and the public.
This position reports to the Director, IT Security & Engineering and can be based in our Carpinteria, CA headquarters or Austin, TX office. Remote candidates will be considered dependent on experience. We’re looking for candidates to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Lead, build, retain, and develop a team of Information Security and Risk professionals passionate about identifying, assessing, and mitigating security risk while empowering Procore’s rapid innovation and growth
- Support the team to develop and communicate policies, procedures, guidelines, and plans to internal stakeholders regarding security and risk management
- Create robust, scalable programs to deliver policy and compliance objectives in control areas and general technical infrastructure
- Design, implement, maintain, and improve programs to address key company risks and prepare internal teams for independent assessments against a wide variety of regulatory and compliance frameworks
- Find practical solutions to standardize and scale compliance functions across Procore while ensuring the operational effectiveness of compliance controls
- Define metrics to track program progress and maturity for various stakeholders; improve controls for internal systems, processes, and policies.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external auditors throughout compliance assessments
- Understand technical implementation details necessary to assess general and situational information security risk
- Develop and oversee mitigation plans relating to information security risk and policy exceptions
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or comparable field
- 5+ years of experience in a global security policy and risk management with 3+ years of people management experience
- Knowledge of pragmatic security controls across all security domains such as access management, encryption methods, vulnerability management, network security, etc
- Demonstrated leadership experience working and communicating at executive levels
- Experience developing and producing security metrics and reports that are meaningful and actionable across various audiences
- Conceptual, critical thinking, and sound judgment with strategic orientation and experience performing tactically
- Experience providing technical knowledge appropriate to the delivery of security protections
- Experience in technical concepts similar to cloud computing environments: logical access control, agile development process, secure coding principles, security architecture, information security, network security, and privacy
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) and Certified Security Professional (CISSP), GIAC or other certifications, highly preferred; AWS Certifications or Certified Risk & Information Security Control (CRISC) are a plus
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.