IT Manager at WELL Health, Inc.
WELL is a patient communication infrastructure for healthcare. We enable enterprise health systems, private practices, and vendors to conduct seamless conversations with patients across multiple channels — including texting, email, telephone, and live chat.
With WELL, patients receive all of their healthcare communication from one trusted source — their provider. The platform empowers service representatives to converse with patients in real time, ensuring patients feel heard while driving staff efficiency and increased revenue.
Founded in 2015, WELL is based in Santa Barbara, California and is the highest rated patient engagement software on G2. WELL serves many of the country’s leading health systems and more than 20 million patients.
WELL is honored to be ranked number 170 on the 2020 Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies. WELL is also proud to have been named one of the 2020 Central Coast Best Places to Work by the Pacific Coast Business Times, and one of the 2020 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare. To learn more about WELL, please visit our LinkedIn.
WELL is looking for a talented IT Manager to join our growing team. We are looking for an experienced IT professional who can autonomously own all IT responsibilities. You will be responsible for investigating and guiding the Help Desk team in implementing industry standard best practices from managing user security, single-sign-on systems, internal office systems, and cloud infrastructure. As the IT Manager, you will build and maintain positive and strong working relationships across the business with all internal and external partners. You are analytical, collaborative, and a proactive team player.
To be successful in this role, you will have a strong track record of managing and developing a robust infrastructure for a growing company, working with finance and managing annual budgets, and overall experience leading an IT department.
This is an exciting role if you are looking for your next opportunity at a growing startup.
Responsibilities include overall department (IT) management, overseeing the management of the company IT infrastructure, WAN/LAN, security best practices, and application management.
- Function as the Help Desk Support Technician (own all incoming IT requests)
- Function as the IT Engineer
- Owner of office related network: Firewall (Sonicwall) and Switches / Routers
- Application Access (Provisioning/Deprovisioning) Management
- Architect Access (SSO, Local Access) Design for all company applications
- Manage proper provisioning/deprovisioning of application upon hire/terminations/department transfers
- Hardware Inventory Management Owner
- Physical Security Controls Owner
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Office Network Scans (Nessus)
- 4+ years experience in one or all of the following: information technology security programs, audits, assessments, risk, or remediation management work experience
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Good problem analysis, problem-solving, and judgment skills
- Strong people leadership as well as technical management skills
- Extensive knowledge of Single Sign-on (Rippling/Okta), Two factor Administration (Duo)
- VOIP hardware/software experience
- Cell phone and desktop/laptop management experience
- Building security management experience
- Extensive experience with Mac OS and Office 365
- Experience with Sonicwall FW
- Experience with administration of mobile devices, remote access, systems imaging, and virus/malware removal
- Working knowledge of networking, wireless, servers, telecom and security principles
- Ability to identify/research and troubleshoot issues stemming from multiple sources including hardware, software, OS, and network equipment
- Degree in one of the following: Information Technology, Computer Science, Business/Management
- Experience with data privacy/protection
- Internal or external IT audit experience
- Network / DevOps security skills
- Healthcare experience
- 2-4 years experience in SAAS company support, operations or equivalent
- Experience with Cisco Meraki Wireless Appliance (or equivalent system), and experience with Cisco phone systems will be plus
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and to prioritize the health of our employees, all WELL positions are temporarily remote. We are looking forward to when our company returns to in-office work at or around June 2021. For this role, we are only open to candidates that currently reside in Santa Barbara, or would be open to relocating to Santa Barbara once we return to in-office work.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Workplace groups – company committees available for all to join (Diversity & Inclusion and Workplace Engagement).
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks: dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, Kombucha and beer on tap, light-filled space, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- MacBook Pro provided
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous equity package
- Full health benefits – medical/dental/vision
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.