IT Helpdesk Specialist at Laserfiche
IT Helpdesk Specialists serve as the first point of contact for providing technical assistance and handling support for issues related to computer systems, hardware and software. This role performs remote troubleshooting through diagnostics and asking relevant questions and determines the best solution based on the issue and details provided. This role is also responsible for provisioning and de-provisioning users, installing hardware, performing PC maintenance, upgrades and configuration.
- Work individually or with other team members to troubleshoot computer system issues, identify root causes and develop solutions to implement
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees seeking technical assistance over phone, ticketing systems, instant messaging and email
- Handle provisioning and de-provisioning of user accounts, configure and deploy desktop and workstation hardware using standardized hardware, OS images and software
- Manage day-to-day administrative functions for applications and computing systems and maintains system access controls
- Perform PC upgrades, repairs, maintenance, license tracking and hardware/software configuration
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution
- Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
- Enforce corporate information security and IT policies.
- Recommend and purchase hardware & software and evaluate vendor products
- Other duties added and/or assigned as needed
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in engineering, math, physics, computer science or a quantitative field
- Strong customer service skills matched with interpersonal communications skills
- Knowledge of Windows & Mac OS, Active Directory, NTFS permissions, networking, PC hardware, printers, scanners, computer peripherals and mobile devices
- Understanding of security practices for physical, network, wireless security, permissions and encryption
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, communicate technical information both verbal and written to a wide range of end-users
- 1-2 years of IT helpdesk or call center support experience
- Certifications in related technologies such as Microsoft MCP, Cisco CCNP or VMWare VCP
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche.
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.
***Please note that this is NOT a remote role***