IT Communications Specialist
The IT Communications Specialist is responsible for driving and executing Procore's IT communications strategies across all IT platforms. This role will collaborate closely with Procore’s Information Technology department, senior management and other internal teams to formulate and deliver dynamic written and visual communications for a variety of internal audiences and channels that support Procore’s IT mission, strategy and culture.
What you’ll do:
- Create and implement communication plans for key priority projects throughout the year that align with communication’s strategy and roadmap. This may include department’s annual events calendar, monthly team briefings, town halls, all staff briefings and/or newsletters.
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications team members, Information Technology and other departments to develop and implement a comprehensive, engaging and multi-faceted IT communications program.
- Create high quality, compelling content across platforms, i.e. web, email, video, social media, presentations, live events, etc., fostering open communication throughout the organization and reinforcing Procore’s organizational culture, vision and values.
- Work with key stakeholders to launch and maintain Procore’s intranet and serve as key contributor to its content and success.
- Build strong relationships with internal business partners and colleagues at all levels to develop and implement successful integrated communications regarding IT Services, their releases and their integration benefits.
- Work with Internal Communications team to ensure the division remains well informed and coordinated with Enterprise messaging.
- Management of the knowledge sharing working group to facilitate better cross - team working, improved ways of working and better knowledge management within the department.
- Tracks effectiveness of communications programs and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Researches and reports on industry best practices.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English, Public Relations or similar field required.
- Minimum 5 years’ internal and/or external communications experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent proofing and editing skills; proficiency with Associated Press Style.
- Strong social media skills.
- Experience with storytelling through video.
- Familiarity with graphic and web design programs.
- Creative and organized problem-solver who can plan and execute on multiple projects independently.
- Collaborative team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is willing to support projects outside of core responsibilities to support team goals.
- Ability to receive feedback and quickly and accurately incorporate it.
- Resourceful, innovative and takes initiative.
- Ability to work hours beyond 40 as needed.
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Office).
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.