Help Desk Engineer
Help Desk Engineer
Weedmaps is looking for a Help Desk Engineer who will be responsible for the strategic direction as well as the day-to-day tactical operations of the Service Desk, ensuring there is a clearly defined process in place for handling customer incidents. This support function is essential to the organization. For this role you must be detail-oriented, have a strong ability to multitask, be self-driven and must have the constitution to work in a very fast-paced, customer-focused environment.
- Create service desk structure, policies and service offerings per ITIL best practice
- Develop procedures that outline how incidents, requests and problems are identified, documented, assigned and managed
- Improve techniques and practices for managing client queries, troubleshooting and problem resolution and prioritization
- Contribute to incident resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to the incident resolution
- Perform regular maintenance on hardware and software components
- Carry out maintenance and monitoring to ensure stable and secure applications and ICT infrastructure
- Minimize interruptions in customers’ ability to carry out critical business activities
- Ensure rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles and practices in the delivery of customer support services
- Perform rotating on-call responsibilities to support 24x7 operations
- Monitor and report on solutions outcomes and customer satisfaction
- Systematically analyze performance data and communicate findings to senior management
- Ensure that stakeholder concerns or complaints are addressed in accordance with organizational policy
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Four years or more of experience supporting a Global Service Desk required
- Strong knowledge and understanding of ITIL processes and practical experience of having applied them successfully preferred
- ITIL Foundation certification preferred
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Google G Suite products required
- Advanced knowledge of and experience supporting Apple hardware required
- Experience with both OSX and Windows environments required
- Experience with JIRA Service Desk and Confluence preferred
- Basic scripting knowledge preferred
- Superior problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective, professional and harmonious relationships while working under pressure
- Proven organizational skills and time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee AND dependents
- Matching 401k, 50% match up to 6% of employee contribution
- 3 weeks PTO and 5 sick days
- Catered lunch provided 5 days a week
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
- Fridge is always stocked with energy drinks and other snacks
- Casual work environment, read “no suit and tie required”, but you are free to dress to the nines
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come.
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing backend services for dispensaries, doctors, and deliveries. Our website gives over 4 million monthly visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!