Firmware Engineer at Bird
!Sorry, this job was removed at 4:58 p.m. (CST) on Monday, June 10, 2019
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Develop firmware for Bird’s fleet of Electric Vehicles
- Collaborate with Electrical/Electronics Engineers to develop these systems
- Develop firmware installation and QC processes for new products
- Tune system performance & verify operational efficiencies
- Take finished products through all certifications for international use
- Experience developing firmware for tracking devices, control systems, and RF products
- Strong experience and proficiency in embedded languages, particularly with C
- Experience with firmware development, testing, and debugging
- Experience with FreeRTOS
- Experience with CANbus, UART, I2C, and SPI communications
- Knowledge of PCB design, using schematic capture and layout tools (Altium preferred)
- Knowledge of version control tools (GIT, SVN, etc.)
- Experience with Firmware Over the Air Process
- Experience developing Bootloaders and programming over CAN
- Experience with ST microcontrollers
- Experience with Nordic Semiconductor platforms
- Experience with FCC, CE, UL regulatory bodies and requirements
- LTE Cat M1 Experience
- Motor Control Systems Experience
- Multi Band GNSS Experience
- Wifi Experience
- NFC Experience
- Experience with MVNO operation
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description