Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Anduril’s Technical Operations team is seeking a Field Operations Engineer to join our team.
As a member of Anduril’s Technical Operations team, you will be responsible for enabling the success of Anduril’s customers by applying technical expertise and ensuring operational excellence across our product line. To be successful, you will need to develop and execute operational plans to install, sustain, and improve Anduril’s family of systems at scale.
Your work will primarily be in the field, alongside our customers, executing site surveys, installations, sustainment, and testing. Some days you’ll be leading a team of third-party contractors to deploy Anduril’s products to new locations to solve operational problems for our clients. Other days, you’ll be leveraging your knowledge of hardware, software, and networking to troubleshoot and debug system performance. You will be an important link between our end users and the teams at Anduril who design and build our products.
- Desire and ability to provide industry-defining customer service for both external customers and Anduril colleagues. Ability to simplify technical concepts and product knowledge to teach and coach end users on system employment.
- Experience leading and working in teams, to include third-party contractors, to execute operational plans and deliver on contractual obligations in a field environment, on time and within budget.
- Ability to independently apply knowledge of hardware, software, and networking to identify a problem with a product, determine the cause, and execute an appropriate repair in the field under resource-constrained conditions.
- Maintain appropriate records and inventories. Possess organizational habits and a willingness to define, follow, and improve process and work standards.
- Experience applying sound mechanical fundamentals using hand tools along with light power tools.
- Up to 50% Travel
- Able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data.
- Prior experience in one or more of the following or related industries: Military (depending on MOS), Automotive Repair, Aerospace, Wireless Communications or Fiber Optics
- Comfortable obtaining data and diagnosing issues from software platforms using command-line tools
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting IP and RF networks
- Active TS/SCI or DoD Secret clearance, or willingness to pursue a clearance
- Willingness to travel internationally and work extended hours when necessary
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
In accordance with requirements on Anduril as a federal contractor under Executive Order 14042, new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination or exempt status prior to starting employment.