Fandango- NOC Engineer
We are seeking a NOC Engineer with 3+ years of experience who will play the critical role of managing various issues that arise in an eCommerce business visited by millions monthly.
- Monitoring application performance and handling operational anomalies reported from stakeholders or other sources.
- Resolving simple servers side or application service issues while handling escalation of more complex issues to the right team in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the response to business impacting Incidents and documenting new processes.
- Proactively monitor and maintain the end-to-end website workflows, and content processing systems.
- Perform Tier 1 troubleshooting, respond to trouble tickets, customer calls and monitoring alarms and following established operating and escalation procedures.
- Assist the engineering and software development teams in resolving day to day technical issues, reporting software bugs to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Compiling and publishing regular reports on system performance, uptime and other metrics for internal audiences.
- Create views, scripts, saved searches, wiki pages and other operational documentation for support personnel. Creating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for workflows and troubleshooting.
• 3+ years enterprise technical support experience as a NOC Engineer or eCommerce Website Administrator in a production environment.
• Working knowledge of Windows server, IIS operations and Linux.
• Experience in networking (TCP/IP) and simple connectivity diagnostics
• Proficiency with Office Tools (Office 365, G-Suite)
• Experience in a scripting language such as Powershell, Perl, Unix Shell
• Understanding of web protocol specifications like SOAP, JSON, REST
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Experience interfacing with customers for support issues
• Experience and proven success working in a highly collaborative environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Must be resourceful, able to adapt to new situations, and to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Willing to work flexible hours including night and/or swing shifts and to be part of an on-call rotation.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through https://www.fandango.com/careers to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• College degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Prior experience with ELK stack as a user
• Database query skills in MySQL and MS SQL
• Working knowledge of Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
• Knowledge of Kanban or other agile processes
• Understand the basic configurations of .Net and Java services
• Understand cloud computing and hybrid model