Fandango- NOC Engineer at Fandango
We are seeking a NOC Engineer with 3+ years of experience who will play the critical role of managing various issues that arise in an eCommerce business visited by millions monthly.
- Monitoring application performance and handling operational anomalies reported from stakeholders or other sources
- Resolving simple servers side or application service issues while handling escalation of more complex issues to the right team in a timely manner
- Coordinate the response to business impacting Incidents and documenting new processes.
- Proactively monitor and maintain the end-to-end website workflows, and content processing systems
- Perform Tier 1 troubleshooting, respond to trouble tickets, customer calls and monitoring alarms and following established operating and escalation procedures.
- Assist the engineering and software development teams in resolving day to day technical issues, reporting software bugs to the appropriate stakeholders
- Compiling and publishing regular reports on system performance, uptime and other metrics for internal audiences.
- Create views, scripts, saved searches, wiki pages and other operational documentation for support personnel. Creating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for workflows and troubleshooting.
• 3+ years enterprise technical support experience as a NOC Engineer or eCommerce Website Administrator in a production environment.
• Working knowledge of Windows server, IIS operations and Linux.
• Experience in networking (TCP/IP) and simple connectivity diagnostics
• Proficiency with Office Tools (Office 365, G-Suite)
• Experience in a scripting language such as Powershell, Perl, Unix Shell
• Understanding of web protocol specifications like SOAP, JSON, REST
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Experience interfacing with customers for support issues
• Experience and proven success working in a highly collaborative environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Must be resourceful, able to adapt to new situations, and to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Willing to work flexible hours including night and/or swing shifts and to be part of an on-call rotation.
• College degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Prior experience with ELK stack as a user
• Database query skills in MySQL and MS SQL
• Working knowledge of Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
• Knowledge of Kanban or other agile processes
• Understand the basic configurations of .Net and Java services
• Understand cloud computing and hybrid model