Director, Fiber & Access at Boingo Wireless
Director, Fiber & Access
Boingo is the leading wireless infrastructure solution provider focused on acquiring and retaining venues and providing solutions to our customers. The Director’s primary objective will be to develop and implement a company wide solution focusing on providing the best circuit and backhaul solution for current and future needs while driving cost down. The wireless business has experienced significant growth as more and more mobile data is consumed and Boingo is experiencing strong demand for our services, but the market is dynamic and incredibly competitive; adaptability, agility, and cost visibility are essential.
To be successful in this role, the Director will:
- Manage, direct and supervise the work efforts of the circuit provisioning team.
- Develop a comprehensive strategy for how we deploy and leverage vendors and relationship to drive costs down while incorporating new technologies into future planning.
- Identify and manage circuit vendors and partnerships that drive the overall company goals.
- Develop process to procure quotes that meet target costs and margins.
- Manage vendors to ensure compliance with contractual terms and SLA’s.
- Analyze and synthesize the business to company stakeholders.
- Attain a comprehensive understanding of business, financial and strategic initiatives within the first 60 days and propose and drive the strategy within the circuit group and the larger organization.
- Develop, define, and execute processes and procedures for the group that align with the overall circuit strategy.
- Manage contract negotiations with favorable terms to Boingo.
- Procure and order services with vendors and project manage the solution implementation with other stakeholders.
- Track and report on all circuit requests and assist with trouble ticket escalations as needed.
- Meet budgetary objective and team KPI’s including verification of PO’s, billing and forecasts.
- Annual budgets and forecasting for the circuit group.
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously while maintaining corporate, legal and financial objectives.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- 5 to 7+ years of circuit management or wireless backhaul services experience preferably in the technology or telecom, with proven record of cost reductions for the line of business.
- Previous sourcing experience with major ISP and LEC with understanding of market predominance of each ISP and LEC.
- Represent the company and drive business initiatives with key decision makers (internally and externally) and vendors.
- Ability to manage direct team members to drive success and meet KPI’s and objectives.
- Proven track record of managing large contracts and projects, and regularly meeting or exceeding deliverables.
- Ability to negotiate and execute contracts by leveraging cross-functional resources.
- Working knowledge of the telecommunications industry & landscape.
- Capacity to adapt to Boingo’s fast-paced and dynamic culture.
- Proven track record of communications and people skills.
- Possess excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail and self-management driven by results.
- Ability to think quickly and analytically (critical thinker).
- Willingness to travel up to 15-20% of the time based on standard 40-hour work week
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more. We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products.
Boingo boasts a super-fun, collaborative work environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer picnic, bowling nights, and more. There’s a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and a well-appointed new mother’s lounge. We offer an incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. And, our award-winning headquarters, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA four years in a row, and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.