Corporate IT Manager at Gimbal
About the Company.
Gimbal is a marketing and advertising automation platform powered by physical-world data. Using our own hardware and software, Gimbal enables brands, media agencies, and marketers to deliver relevant messages in order to improve marketing communications and measure the effectiveness of their campaigns. Powered by its always-on location SDK, micro-location BLE beacons, and a complete mobile advertising stack, Gimbal’s suite of tools generates hyper-accurate location data that allows brands to target consumers more effectively and attribute their spend via actions in the physical world.
Gimbal is the most comprehensive location-based software and hardware provider in the country, led by a team of experienced serial entrepreneurs and media industry veterans. We’re headquartered in Los Angeles with satellite offices in New York City, San Diego, San Francisco, Chicago, and Columbus.
About the Job.
In this role, you will assist various departments across multiple office locations with all IT requests. You will act as a liaison between tech/application vendors and our company management, continually supporting the implementation and execution of cost-effective technology solutions across the organization.
This role can be based out of either our Columbus office or Los Angeles office.
What you’ll be doing:
- Troubleshooting IT related issues for hardware/software by testing, repairing, and maintaining equipment
- Supporting corporate infrastructure, tools, and systems, such as user directory administration and conference room setup
- Assisting in the new hire process by preparing appropriate hardware/software and rolling out department-specific onboarding strategies
- Collaborating with the Operations and Engineering teams to build, drive, and improve our tools and processes while also resolving any technical issues that arise
- Hiring any contracted service providers needed to ensure completion of all maintenance services
- Acting as project manager for all facilities projects, including parking program, cleaning/maintenance, telecommunication, policies/procedures for facility use, receiving, etc.
Who you are:
- A universal communicator — you are able to explain the most technical information to the least technical people without any confusion
- A self-starter — you thrive working in small, collaborative teams with a lot of autonomy
- A structured planner — you know that early is on time and on time is late, and your calendar organization would make Marie Kondo jealous
- A proactive problem solver — you are constantly looking for ways to work smarter, delivering new efficiencies anywhere an improvement can be made
What you have:
- 5+ years of IT support experience, ideally in a startup environment
- Knowledge of fundamental IT concepts, systems, platforms, and tools
- Experience in Google G Suite Enterprise Edition and setting up workstations, emails, and software/tools for employees
- Working experience with Slack and Zoom; Trello, Confluence, and Salesforce a plus
- Familiarity within both Mac and Windows OS
- Strong background in project management
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Available for flexible work scheduling outside of regular office hours (M-F, 9AM-6PM)
- CFM or PMP certification a plus
Benefits & Perks.
It’s no secret that we work hard, but we also strive to create an office environment where the lines between work and play are blurred. This means we offer these great perks to help keep our team healthy, productive, and happy.
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents, as well as life insurance and disability coverage
- Unlimited paid time off - we trust your discretion
- Opportunities for profit sharing, bonuses, and ownership
- 401(k) plan plus company match
- Cell phone reimbursement and subsidized gym membership
- Annual professional development stipend
- Fully stocked kitchen - snacks, drinks, and catered lunch on Wednesdays
- Dog-friendly office