VP of Marketing at NEXT Trucking
About NEXT Trucking:
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Twilio, Facebook, and Snap, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
The VP of Marketing at NEXT will drive measurable growth by executing marketing strategies geared towards customer excitement, adoption, loyalty, and engagement. You will report to the CEO, and will partner cross-functionally with all business units to better understand our customers and generate insights that will drive KPIs, continued innovation, and grow accounts.
The ideal candidate should be creative, curious, technical, highly analytical,a great communicator and manager. You will have a demonstrated test and learn mindset, and a proven track record driving and accelerating revenue growth through customer acquisition, onboarding, and retention.
What You'll Do:
- Hire, manage, coach, and lead a high performing marketing team
- Partner with internal stakeholders on business initiatives
- Collaborate with the business team to uncover insights and strategies to develop and implement marketing and branding strategies for new and existing products, internally and externally
- Oversee and grow the marketing department, consistently identifying revenue opportunities within our established client base and managing consistent growth by securing new accounts
- Identify short-term and long-term scheduling, budget, and resource needs, including the development and management of an annual marketing budget, profit/loss projections, expenditure spending, and other financial considerations
- Understand key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to provide market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, campaign results, and consumer trends in order to translate results into actionable insights for marketing team
- Lead the development of our marketing plans working closely with clients, management, creative and content teams and partners, to create an effective and efficient marketing strategy focused on growing audiences for our products and services
- Spearhead the strategic and tactical execution of marketing campaigns, including design of test/control segmentation, implementation of tests, tracking, results reporting, analysis, and recommendations
- Manage conception, development, and implementation of marketing plan and strategies, product concepts, and promotional programs to drive interest and sales
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, advertising or communications
- 10+ years of experience in branding, comms/PR, product marketing, growth marketing, customer acquisition & retention,
- 5+ years of experience in building & leading high-performing marketing teams
- Ability to act as an internal consultant and to partner with and influence stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills to present effectively to stakeholders, including senior executives, board members, and large customers/partners.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, decision making skills and be a culture champion
Nice to Have:
- Master’s degree
- Proficiency with HTML, content management systems, and design software
- Established portfolio of media and PR contacts
- Desire to grow professionally with ongoing education
- Experience in transportation, logistics, and supply chain industries.
- Experience in venture-backed startups or other hyper-growth environments.
- Corporate leadership experience with the ability to contribute meaningfully to strategic conversations and executive decisions spanning multiple functions.
What You'll Receive:
- Competitive Base Salary + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry