Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Universal Music Group
Universal Production Music, a leading provider of production music for use in television, film, advertising and interactive media is looking for a VP of Sales and Marketing to be based in its Santa Monica, California headquarters.
The VP of Sales and Marketing for Universal Production Music will be responsible for providing leadership and coordination of company sales and marketing functions. Overseeing a sales, sales support and marketing staff of ~15-18 people. Develop, implement and track sales and marketing strategy and programs, drive revenue growth and target existing and new markets and clientele by successfully managing the following duties, either directly or indirectly through subordinates.
This position reports to the SVP/GM of Universal Publishing Production Music based in Santa Monica, CA.
What Bandmember Are You?
- Develops and implements strategic marketing and sales plans and forecasts to achieve company objectives
- Develops and manages sales/marketing operating budgets
- Directs and oversees advertising and promotion activities
- Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share
- Responsible for the development of individual sales budgets and territories in support of overall business objectives
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly
- Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities
- Guides preparation of marketing and sales performance and activity reports and presents to executive management
- Craft, justify and implement pricing strategy and policies
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness
- Other duties may be assigned on occasion, based on the needs of the business
- Business acumen
- Customer and client focus
- Demonstrates leadership and is team-oriented
- Strong interpersonal presentation and communication skills
- Problem solving and analysis
- Strategic thinking
This position manages ~15-18 employees within the sales and marketing departments and is responsible for the performance management and staffing decisions within those departments.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area, Los Angeles and occasional overnight travel may be required from time to time. Attend and participate in conventions and conferences as requested by executive management.
How You Will Rock Your Role
- Computer skills, including but not limited to a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Sales CRM programs
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent cognitive reasoning, analytical, planning, and process development skills, strong business judgment and high level of initiative
- Demonstrated ability to respond effectively to multiple conflicting priorities, continuously prioritize and reprioritize deliverables and to respond in a dynamic work environment
- Capacity to work effectively in sales and marketing team environments and build effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Trusted capability to work with and protect confidential information when required
- Minimum ten (10) years of related experience with progressive management experience
- Minimum five (5) years of experience managing a team
- Bachelor's Degree required; ideally with major in sales, marketing or business administration
- Master's Degree a plus; ideally in sales, marketing or business administration
What's In It For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.