Urban Marketing Coordinator at Universal Music Group
Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol's generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world's leading Music Company.
How you'll CREATE:
- Provide support to senior members of the Capitol Records marketing team with a focus on urban music
- Manage budget reservations, vendor installation, creating requisitions, facilitating PO approval, rushes, invoice troubleshooting, vendor relations, etc.
- Create and update all one-sheets, timelines, quote sheets, and any other project-related documents
- Create and maintain artist calendars; collect and organize all artist assets (photos, artwork, logos, music, bio, etc.)
- Draft agreements for music videos and independent contractors, as well as various authorization forms
- Conduct research, compile and analyze data, and create reports as requested
- Work with PMs and engage third party companies to create, price out, and manufacture any tools or campaigns needed for specific marketing initiatives (ex: promotional items) and oversee their delivery
- Assist with administrative and day to day basic duties including coordinating travel, scheduling meetings, answering phones, maintaining calendars etc.
- Record and distribute marketing meeting re-cap notes
- Any additional duties as assigned.
Bring your VIBE:
- 1-2 years of administrative experience
- Experience in and passion for Urban Marketing, preferably in the music industry
- Strong Computer skills: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, General online marketing knowledge etc.
- Content creation background a plus
- Great social and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to interact comfortably, effectively and professionally with external partners
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to work under high pressure and speed
- Must be flexible, able to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer