We’re looking for a Technical Writer to write, edit, and review product documentation. In this role, you will work with internal resources, interview software developers, and attend engineering meetings to gather, create, and publish technical information for our various audiences.
To be successful in this role, you are motivated, energetic, and able to handle the fast-paced culture of a dynamic startup company. You have strong writing skills and a passion for producing a variety of top quality learning materials such as technical documentation, infographics, screenshot markups, and training videos.
What you'll do:
- Maintain internal documentation ticketing system, solving issues presented from customers and internal consumers
- Create in-depth user guides, FAQs, technical overviews, and in-product help documentation
- Test both the product and its documentation for accuracy and consistency
- Identify problem areas or structural deficiencies and proactively contribute to their improvement
- Regular use of a content management system (CMS) to manage the lifecycle of technical documentation including draft, review, and publish phases
- Become a subject matter expert of the Procore platform and how the different tools are used to perform various construction related tasks
- Regular communication and synchronization with the Director of Documentation and Certification
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in English, Communication, or Journalism
- 2 - 5 years experience working as a Technical Writer or in related job role
- Self-starting learner who thrives under pressure and enjoys team success
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and organizational skills
- Strong technical aptitude–ability to quickly learn new concepts and tools
- Ability to synthesize technical content from an SME and create training materials (e.g. documentation, infographics, training scripts) that clearly explain the topic/task to end users based upon their persona (e.g. Project Manager vs. Superintendent)
- Flexibility in a dynamically growing/evolving company–this is a must!
Bonus points - these are not required, but are a plus:
- Background in a technical startup company, preferably a SaaS company
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum software development teams
- Ability to create infographics such as diagrams, screenshots, workflows, graphs, etc.
- Construction industry experience
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.