At OpenX, our goal is to create an unreasonably awesome workplace in each of our locations. The OpenX Product Documentation Team delivers high-quality content that enables our customers and partners to quickly succeed in using our products and realizing the value of our programmatic marketplaces.
We are looking for an exceptional team player to add to the team. We need someone with great technical writing skills and a love for analysis and effective communication.
- Write content that meets user and business requirements. Content includes product documentation, UI content (such as field labels, tooltips, page flow, and other on-screen content needs), internal communications about products, and other content in any form that serves the purpose of helping users succeed with our products.
- Research and gather content requirements, including business and product requirements from the Product Manager and from client-facing teams and user requirements from the User Experience team.
- Develop internal communications and resources for both sprint-based releases and larger product launches.
- Take ownership of content for all assigned projects; responsibilities include facts gathering, quality assurance, file organization and management, writing, editing, proofreading, and final delivery of files. The right candidate will know when things need to get done, and will do them on time and keep the team manager informed.
- Work proactively with product owners, engineers, solutions architects, sales engineers, marketing, and others to gather information for documentation and launch communications.
- Identify or contribute to initiatives that improve the customer’s information experience. (Context-sensitive help, graphical presentation, interactive learning experiences, discoverability, and more.)
- Work with the big picture (content strategy and experience flow) as well as fine detail (refined and accurate content). Analyze and recommend process improvements continually to improve internal and external communication.
Skills and Experience
- Fundamental understanding of technical writing disciplines and principles
- Experience with at least one online help authoring tool (preferably Madcap Flare)
- Demonstrated excellence in technical writing with 3-5 available samples
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline, such as English, Communications, or Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- 3+ years working as a technical writer in the computer software industry or other highly technical products
- Work experience in the online advertising tech industry
- Proficiency with Madcap Flare or similar authoring tools
- Experience creating API/SDK documentation, such as conceptual overviews, code samples/use cases, and technical reference
- Additional related skills such as experience in graphic design, interactive design, and/or video tutorials
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Experience with version control systems (such as Subversion and Git), issue tracking tools (such as JIRA), and wikis (Confluence)
Company at a Glance
OpenX exists to help publishers grow their businesses by monetizing great content. We do this by creating highly efficient, high quality programmatic advertising marketplaces that deliver optimal value to all buyers and sellers of digital advertising.
Today, OpenX operates one of the largest, most efficient and highest quality programmatic markets in the world. Our unified system also encompasses a complete supply side platform that optimizes revenue across network and real-time bidding (RTB) demand, and a comprehensive ad server.
At OpenX we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale programmatic ad marketplaces. We are constantly looking for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
We are one
Our customers define us
OpenX is mine
We are an open book
We evolve fast