Technical Product Marketing Manager
Signal Sciences empowers security and engineering teams by providing visible and effective web application security protecting against real-world attacks. We process, protect and report on billions of requests per day for some of the most sophisticated companies in the world ranging from Adobe to Vimeo, Taser to Under Armour. Our goal is making a more secure Web, with tools that people love to use, written by people who love to make them. Join us.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Technical Product Marketing Manager, you’ll join our growing team to help differentiate our product positioning from our competitors and enable our teams to get in front of more prospects and win more deals. In addition, you’ll work cross-functionally with product, marketing, and sales teams to create information highlighting our strategic partnerships and joint value we bring to the market. This role is a strategically important one and has the potential to make a significant impact on Signal Sciences’ business.
- Gain a deep knowledge of our product approach and benefits for customers, including the customer journey
- Create a content strategy to highlight the value of strategic technical partnerships
- Drive competitive intelligence gathering and craft differentiated materials to empower our field, including features, pricing, and positioning
- Support channel partners with collateral and sales enablement
- Partner with product management and marketing teams to provide recommended product enhancements and develop collateral, including blogs and webinars
- Assist with sales training and field questions from internal and partner field teams
- Collaborate on multiple product marketing projects including the creation of collateral, presentations, thought leadership papers, and launch deliverables
- Meet with customers for win/loss interviews to publish both case studies and internal presentations with key takeaways
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-4 years product or technical marketing experience
- Understanding of technology fundamentals and current trends (DevOps, cloud)
- Experience in creating technical marketing collateral and sales enablement tools
- Experience in translating engineering features into clear positioning with customer-specific value propositions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to build a strong rapport and have good relationship management skills
- Comfortable in a high energy and fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to multitask, driving multiple deadlines and balancing and ranking priorities
- Strong collaborative skills working to clarify and understand requirements from internal customers (sales, communications, etc.)
People who work well in our culture have the following traits:
- You like learning: developing and incorporating new insights into better decision making
- You like processes: building them, improving them, critiquing them.
- You like questions: asking them, clarifying them, exposing what’s beneath the surface.
- You like talking with people: listening to them, understanding their needs, discovering their priorities.
- You like strategy: prioritizing, long-term thinking.
- You like growth: working in a fast paced environment, building your own skill set, creating and seizing new opportunities for yourself and our customers.