Sr. Marketing Director, Tinder U
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2 billion swipes per day, 20 million matches per day and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We are looking for a Sr Marketing Director with a proven talent for building a college marketing product program. In this role you will oversee and expand Tinder U’s existing college marketing program, as well work with Tinder U product teams to deliver a best-in-class Tinder U product experience. This is a high impact role that will report directly to our CMO.
In this role you will:
- Develop, lead and champion the strategic vision for TinderU as a best-in-class college marketing program
- Develop strategies to scale TinderU both in the US and globally.
- Lead the strategy for, and implementation of, the ambassador and social influencer program within college campuses. Track results and impact, optimizing to gain best results.
- Develop and execute brand campaign and on-campus activations to expand the impact of Tinder U in college culture.
- Develop clear OKRs and gain agreement with key internal stakeholders.
- Partner with product to create a best-in-class, brand forward product experience.
- Drive a clear understanding of the Gen Z consumer, and actively share those learnings with Tinder marketing, and implement them into marketing efforts.
- Work with editorial partners, external agencies and internal creative partners to deliver innovative, effective, strategically on-point creative work
- Increase Tinder’s cultural impact through innovation and experimentation
- Build and manage quarterly budgets effectively
- Lead Gen Z consumer insights as it relates to both TinderU and the macro Tinder brand.
Team Management & Leadership
- Lead and grow a best-in-class college marketing team, figuring out how to operationalize TinderU both nationally and globally
- Operationalize staffing and work processes to ensure an ability to deliver and execute a wide range of creative asks in a timely manner. Build systems to maximize efficiency and impact.
- Actively mentor direct reports by giving them clear roles & responsibilities, sharing learnings and observations, providing training as needed and opportunities to learn, develop and shine.
- Serve as a role model for professionalism, high standards, and teamwork amongst the larger Tinder marketing team.
- Work cohesively within the larger Tinder Marketing team to strengthen ideas, be a strategic voice on the brand and create as much impact as possible.
What we’re looking for:
- Tinder seeks a world-class, strategy focused college marketing leader for this role. S/he will demonstrate hands-on experience in stewarding lifestyle youth brands in the college arena.
- The Sr Marketing Director of Tinder U will show an affinity for product partnership and collaboration. Product and brand experience continue to evolve real time and the Sr Director of Tinder U will demonstrate an ability to work closely with technology and product teams to harness the brand in new mediums and manifestations.
- The Sr Marketing Director of Tinder U will be a strong leader of people and teams who is agile, collaborative, a team player with a sense of humor, passionate about brands and innovative marketing, a compassionate and honest communicator who builds strong interpersonal connections, is performance oriented and 100% responsible, personally accountable and plays to win.
- The Sr Marketing Director of Tinder U will exhibit scrappiness – the ability to accompany strategic instincts with a ‘sleeves rolled up’ clear sense of purpose, execution and delivery – and fit with Tinder’s high energy, transparent and candid culture.
- The Sr Marketing Director of Tinder U will be articulate, presentable, possess egoless leadership and be in tune with the soul of the brand.
- 10+ years’ progressive experience in college marketing
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) match and meaningful equity
Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
Daily catered lunches, endless supply of refreshments, basketball court, fitness classes and social events
- Modern, uplifting work environment in an ideal location