Sr. Marketing Director, Tinder U at Tinder
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2 billion swipes per day, 20 million matches per day and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We are looking for a Sr Marketing Director with a proven talent for building a college marketing product program. In this role you will oversee and expand Tinder U’s existing college marketing program, as well work with Tinder U product teams to deliver a best-in-class Tinder U product experience. This is a high impact role that will report directly to our CMO.
In this role you will:
- Develop, lead and champion the strategic vision for TinderU as a best-in-class college marketing program
- Develop strategies to scale TinderU both in the US and globally.
- Lead the strategy for, and implementation of, the ambassador and social influencer program within college campuses. Track results and impact, optimizing to gain best results.
- Develop and execute brand campaign and on-campus activations to expand the impact of Tinder U in college culture.
- Develop clear OKRs and gain agreement with key internal stakeholders.
- Partner with product to create a best-in-class, brand forward product experience.
- Drive a clear understanding of the Gen Z consumer, and actively share those learnings with Tinder marketing, and implement them into marketing efforts.
- Work with editorial partners, external agencies and internal creative partners to deliver innovative, effective, strategically on-point creative work
- Increase Tinder’s cultural impact through innovation and experimentation
- Build and manage quarterly budgets effectively
- Lead Gen Z consumer insights as it relates to both TinderU and the macro Tinder brand.
Team Management & Leadership
- Lead and grow a best-in-class college marketing team, figuring out how to operationalize TinderU both nationally and globally
- Operationalize staffing and work processes to ensure an ability to deliver and execute a wide range of creative asks in a timely manner. Build systems to maximize efficiency and impact.
- Actively mentor direct reports by giving them clear roles & responsibilities, sharing learnings and observations, providing training as needed and opportunities to learn, develop and shine.
- Serve as a role model for professionalism, high standards, and teamwork amongst the larger Tinder marketing team.
- Work cohesively within the larger Tinder Marketing team to strengthen ideas, be a strategic voice on the brand and create as much impact as possible.
What we’re looking for:
- Tinder seeks a world-class, strategy focused college marketing leader for this role. S/he will demonstrate hands-on experience in stewarding lifestyle youth brands in the college arena.
- The Sr Marketing Director of Tinder U will show an affinity for product partnership and collaboration. Product and brand experience continue to evolve real time and the Sr Director of Tinder U will demonstrate an ability to work closely with technology and product teams to harness the brand in new mediums and manifestations.
- The Sr Marketing Director of Tinder U will be a strong leader of people and teams who is agile, collaborative, a team player with a sense of humor, passionate about brands and innovative marketing, a compassionate and honest communicator who builds strong interpersonal connections, is performance oriented and 100% responsible, personally accountable and plays to win.
- The Sr Marketing Director of Tinder U will exhibit scrappiness – the ability to accompany strategic instincts with a ‘sleeves rolled up’ clear sense of purpose, execution and delivery – and fit with Tinder’s high energy, transparent and candid culture.
- The Sr Marketing Director of Tinder U will be articulate, presentable, possess egoless leadership and be in tune with the soul of the brand.
- 10+ years’ progressive experience in college marketing
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) match and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Daily catered lunches, endless supply of refreshments, basketball court, fitness classes and social events
- Modern, uplifting work environment in an ideal location