Sr. Manager Digital Marketing, Urban
Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol's generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world's leading Music Company.
The Sr. Manager, Digital Marketing role sits within Capitol Music Group's Digital Marketing team, and will be responsible for executing the digital strategy for artists on the Capitol Music Group roster. The successful applicant will develop single and album release digital marketing plans including overseeing artist websites/apps, social networks & messaging, DSP profiles & playlisting and music video releases. As such, this role will require someone who not only understands all digital technologies and platforms, but who can also effectively communicate with artists, artist management teams, label executives and digital partners.
One of the most important functions of this role is to work with our artists on bespoke campaigns that will drive awareness and consumption of downloads, streams and music video content. The candidate will have an understanding of how to creatively communicate with fans in a way that drives increases across the board in a method that is authentic to that artist's voice and in a way that resonates with their fanbase.
This role will be assigned a roster of artists across the Capitol Music Group family of labels, namely Capitol and Motown and will require someone with urban music experience. A knowledge and passion for those brands, their artists, fan bases and the genres of hip hop, rap, R&B and soul music will strongly benefit those applying for this position.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to read an audience and develop communication strategy depending on that audience.
- Develop and execute content calendars for artists.
- Build innovative campaigns to further our artists' data capture, sales and advertising goals, and react to social analytics in order to improve the success of these campaigns.
- Manage artist web properties, reading and tweaking content strategy for those properties in reaction to analytics.
- Create tracking links for campaigns, and communicate learnings as appropriate.
- 3+ years experience working in the music or entertainment fields. Established relationships with digital and social partners.
- Expert, native user of social media platforms.
- Effective collaboration with other members of the Digital Marketing team (as well as teams throughout the company)
- Able to read and react to trends in the social and online space.
- Basic HTML knowledge preferred.
- Intermediate user of image editing & design software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign).
- Quick learner who is able and excited to jump into and master new platforms, apps and services.
- Able to read basic analytics and develop plans and content in reaction to what the data observed is telling them.
- Strong presentation skills (both written and spoken), creativity and adaptability.
- Demonstrated ability to develop content for online use.
- Experience writing copy and creation of photo/video content.
- BA or BS required.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.