Sr. Email Marketing Manager at Route (Santa Monica, CA)
About the Route
Route is helping people discover and celebrate the world's brands through a completely reimagined e-commerce marketplace that directly connects and empowers both consumers and brands.
Route’s unique platform takes a holistic approach to online shopping, rethinking the consumer experience from discovery to delivery via the Route app, while offering a suite of features that provides merchants the tools necessary to enhance the overlooked post-purchase experience. Since launching in 2018, Route has built a network of over 1.5 million app users and 7,000 merchants. The company has offices in Lehi, UT and Los Angeles, CA. For more information go to www.route.com
About the Role
We are seeking a bright, multitasking and self-motivated individual to own Route’s consumer post purchase experience for our protection, track and resolution products. In this role you will be responsible for owning growth strategy and execution and optimizing one of the company’s most high visibility growth channels.
You will own and improve upon elaborate transactional emails that leverage APIs to personalize each touchpoint. You will partner cross-functionally across the org to design, optimize, deploy and measure high converting consumer experiences over owned channels of email, push and SMS that enable consumers to have delightful shopping experiences. You will be challenged to think outside of the box and work with best in class technology that will enable you to execute big ideas. You have extensive experience in managing email/push marketing and transactional programs with a keen eye for detail and delivering clear and concise messages that drive engagement and revenue growth.
- Partner closely with key stakeholders across Product, Engineering and Design to develop and execute programs that nurture prospects through the consumer journey, provide delightful shopping experiences and drive user engagement and growth.
- Serve as a key partner to the broader business by understanding the needs of our merchant partner customers and the consumers who purchase with them.
- Own top of funnel customer journey to increase conversion and customer LTV across platforms.
- Audit existing transactional experience and execute channel and experience optimizations.
- You will implement testing plan frameworks to measure business impact, turning insight into action with an agile test and learn mindset.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance business needs versus constraints
- Identify new email marketing trends, implement best practices and build processes to enable continuous experimentation and iteration on high value transactional emails
- Find new ways to raise the bar of personalization utilizing best in class marketing tools
- Own the day-to-day execution of programs including writing, building, scheduling, testing and reporting for owned channels of email, push notifications and SMS.
- Partner with Product and Design to ensure consistency and a seamless user experience from web properties to the mobile app and owned channel notifications.
- Knowledge of email best practices including subject lines, messaging, segmentation, list management, deliverability
- Familiarity interpreting legal and compliance guidelines and meeting CAN-SPAM, GDPR and CCPA requirements.
- Build and leverage data to monitor and inform optimization opportunities that provide you with a wealth of A/B tests that you look forward to executing
- Constantly measure and report campaign performance, rigorously A/B test, and optimize our communications across channels.
- Clearly communicate insights and present actionable findings
Who You Are
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- You have 4+ years of working directly in an enterprise-grade ESP (Braze), with experience setting up targeting, building multi-step workflows, QA, hitting send and reporting.
- Proven track of record of building and optimizing multiple, simultaneous marketing campaigns; equally comfortable building strategic plans and executing at a tactical level
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Experience working with designers and engineers, on providing direction and requirements to execute your vision
- A self-starting attitude, ready to embrace opportunities to make an impact autonomously with good organization agility to work effectively across functions.
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing, and executing simultaneous projects and activities.
- Strong working knowledge of HTML, CSS and conditional logic (liquid)
- Experience with e-commerce is a strong plus.
Route offers an array of benefits including generous salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, and an unlimited PTO policy.
Route is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.