Social Media Producer at REX
About the Position
REX is a well-funded, game-changing real estate technology startup located in Woodland Hills, CA. With the goal of improving the lives of homebuyers and sellers, REX created a digital platform and real estate service that eliminates traditional agent commissions, sells homes faster and shifts control away from agents over to those who matter most: consumers. Having proven the effectiveness of the REX model in 2016 and grown rapidly in 2017, REX expanded to 10 cities in 2018. And with a recently closed Series C, REX will expand to 14 new markets in 2019.
- Create compelling social media content on a consistent basis that explains the REX value proposition and the innovative ways it is disrupting the residential real estate industry.
- Produce unique and memorable graphic and video collateral that differentiates REX social media channels from others in the real estate space.
- Work closely with the REX marketing and data science teams to maximize reach and impact across key social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Understand broader industry trends and news events to take full advantage of opportunities to put REX in the local, regional or national spotlight.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a communications-related field
- At least 1-3 years experience as a professional social media practitioner, either at a company or agency, preferably on behalf of consumer brands.
- Strong knowledge of social media landscape, including an understanding not only of features and technology, but of the emergence of new consumer behaviors.
- Skill at using social media analytics tools to gauge impact and refine performance.
- Understanding of technology at a level necessary to collaborate with the Rex data science and product teams to mine for, and create, interesting social stories..
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong writing, video and audio editing skills. Functional in Photoshop and Adobe Premiere/VideoPad
As a pioneer in our industry, REX is setting new standards in the marketplace – for quality, innovation, integrity, professionalism, drive, consumer happiness, and social good. Our culture, together with our business vision and goals, serve as an orientation for leadership and a guide for how we conduct ourselves in day-to-day business. They also form the foundation for hiring, encouraging and rewarding great people. In addition, REX has been committed to doing good things for real estate consumers and to providing homes for those in the greatest need, wherever they may be. For every 50 homes we sell, we provide a home for a family in need. We started by funding the construction of a home for a family in Cambodia at the end of 2015. In addition to funding homes, the REX team regularly provides hands-on support to local nonprofits that provide shelter to families.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary with an equity stake in this fast growing tech company