Social Media Marketing Specialist at Jacmar Foodservice Distribution (Greater LA Area, CA)
Social Media Sergeant
Do you love food? Do you have a passion for the LA restaurant scene? Jacmar Foodservice Distribution, founded in 1959, is a major player in the Southern California food distribution industry. We are a privately held, solidly run company that offers a great benefits package, exciting new challenges, and growth opportunities! At Jacmar, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Can you name more chefs than you can movie stars? Do you like food, cooking, creativity and interconnectivity? Can you thrive with little guidance, unleash your artistic and cinematic/photographic prowess to make something appeal to the masses? Do you have an entrepreneurial, risk-taking, commander mentality and always want to educate and experiment with new social trends of communicating and interacting via social media?
If you said to any of these questions, you should apply. If you said yes to all of these questions, I need you!
I am looking for a social media sergeant to take command of our social media accounts and get us known to the world of food and restaurants by creating fun, informational, and entertaining content to support our businesses and our customers. We don’t want someone who thinks out of the box, we want someone who breaks the box!
If this sounds like something fun that you believe you help build and maintain and grow, send your resume with your social media handles and we will invite you for an interview with the CEO to see if you are creative, organized, artistic, disciplined, and energetic enough to make a sapling a towering sequoia!
We offer an encouraging, team building environment that acknowledges an employee’s contribution to growing the company with a competitive salary/benefits package, vacation, and remote working conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement social media brand strategies, campaigns, and plans to build brand/company awareness.
- Oversee day-to-day management of campaigns and ensure brand consistency.
- Create, maintain, and grow new and existing social networks, including Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, TikTok Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, and others as needed.
- Create, manage, and disseminate company content through all social media platforms including video and photo imagery.
- Monitor social media progress using web analytic tools. Incorporate optimization strategies, analyze data, and research the best ways to increase traffic.
- Review the success of campaigns and develop ways to improve.
- Plan paid social media advertising strategies and budgets.
- Secure new media partnerships.
- Drive engagement with social media influencers.
- Resolve customer issues through social media.
- Research new media platforms, trends, and industry opportunities.
- Provide feedback from social media trends and research; relay it to business strategists.
- Write effective, concise copy for multiple platforms, websites, and social networks.
- Degree from accredited 4-year university encouraged, but NOT required
- Two years social media management experience
- Computer Skills: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Hubspot
- Internet Skills: knowledge of web design, production, graphic design, creating campaigns, SEO,
- Communication skills: outgoing personality, great verbal/written skills
- Strong management/organizational talents
Team members at Jacmar enjoy a fun and challenging environment with a wide range of competitive benefits. Benefits include comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance coverage; paid holidays and leave; group life insurance, 401(k) match; and short-term/long-term disability coverage.
Jacmar is an equal opportunity employer. Our jobs are open to all applications regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.