Social Media Manager at GOAT Group
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:38 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, November 5, 2019
GOAT is seeking a creative, experienced and sneaker-obsessed individual to serve as our Social Media Manager. You will serve as the social media lead for GOAT with the goal of growing our social media presence across all major social networks, and increasing the engagement of our audience. You will design and implement programs to achieve these goals as well as measure social marketing campaigns on a daily basis, across all relevant channels.
The ideal candidate is a storyteller at heart, up to speed with the latest in social media trends and is comfortable teaching and presenting them to stakeholders across multiple departments. Fluency in not only sneakers, but associated verticals such as fashion, pop-culture, music and sports is a plus. The social media manager will be responsible for GOAT’s respective social media channels, ensuring cohesive storylines and high levels of engagement throughout each. The role also requires setting priorities and key narratives in collaboration with the rest of the content and brand teams as well as overseeing ongoing content calendars. Strong experience developing social media assets (both photography and video) is also ideal.
In this role you will:
- Develop and execute creative content, engagement, and measurement efforts for GOAT’s official social media platforms.
- Execute social media publishing strategies ensuring that all posts are accurate, punctual and on brand.
- Interpret social media insights using social listening tools, analytics platforms, and SEO to guide campaigns, maximize engagement, and make data-backed recommendations.
- Proactively identify opportunities to communicate stories of interest from across the company on our social channels.
- Keep ahead of and communicate social media trends, best practices and platform updates with content team and key stakeholders.
We are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5–7 years of social media experience managing multiple products, ideally within a fast-paced tech start-up environment operating on a global scale
- Experience with social media management and monitoring tools
- Ability to operate at two altitudes: both a higher-level strategic plane, and also more granularly in the details and execution of projects
- Proactive, driven, detail-oriented, intuitive and creative individual with strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- Sound judgment and a keen instinct about what’s on-brand
- Exceptional knowledge of social media technologies with shown experience proposing and executing social strategies native to the individual channels that demonstrate tangible return on investment
- You are at the cutting edge of the cultural and pop-culture zeitgeist
- Experience at executing engaging and innovative campaigns
- Experience using intuition and data to guide decision-making
- Strong project management skills and fluency with Google suite
GOAT Group is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. Its brands offer the greatest selection of sneakers available through company-operated retail stores, e-commerce sites and mobile apps under the GOAT and Flight Club brands. Through its innovative technology and service, GOAT Group has changed the landscape of sneaker commerce and has quickly become the world’s most trusted source to discover, buy and sell authentic sneakers.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Read Full Job Description