Social Media Manager at Girlboss
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:11 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, March 17, 2020
Girlboss is a digital professional network built for ambitious women. Our mission is big: to provide women the opportunity and connections they need to advance both personally and professionally. We’re building what’s been called the “Linkedin for women,” but our vision extends beyond traditional career. The Girlboss platform provides a place for women to share and connect over not just what they do, but who they are. Extending this through events, a podcast network, and editorial content, Girlboss is building an ecosystem of support for women at the center of a new era of work.
Girlboss is looking for a creative, entrepreneurial, and whip-smart Social Media Manager to join its Los Angeles Office. Reporting to Girlboss’ Director of Growth, this position will set strategy for and create content for our Instagram channels, build the Girlboss brand and voice across a few different accounts, grow the Girlboss community, and drive subscription and event revenue from social. Success in this role requires a unique voice, excellent customer instincts, an ability to define insights-driven strategy from scratch, and a keen eye for compelling and innovative content. Above all, this is an opportunity for the right candidate to make a meaningful contribution to building a fast-growing start-up.
Some things you’ll be doing:
Social Strategy & Content Creation
- Develop and execute a monthly content calendar for 3-4 Instagram accounts that tells the brand story in our aesthetic and voice, and creates brand relevance by staying tapped into the zeitgeist.
- Leverage trending moments on social regularly to drive audience growth, create brand moments, and keep us top of mind.
- Create and edit social-first video
- Execute branded programs on Instagram, working closely with the brand partnerships team.
- Identify valuable new audiences we’ve yet to capture, and acquire them via partnerships, targeted content, or other methods.
- Partner with talent lead on execution of social influencer campaigns; proactively pitch new talent and concepts to expand this program’s reach.
Copywriting & Brand Voice
- Continue to develop brand voice on Instagram, and create best practices for different types of initiatives (i.e. content distribution vs. conversion campaigns).
- Own all copywriting for paid social campaigns; assist with email marketing copy as needed.
- Nurture community through continuous dialogue and engagement on Instagram.
- Partner with Community Manager to manage and respond to user feedback; stay abreast of trends and ideas the Girlboss community is interested in.
- Curate user-generated content to support brand, community, events, and other business initiatives.
- Implement a proactive process for capturing loyal customer online reviews from Instagram.
Reporting & Insights
- Manage reporting of weekly follower growth pacing, as well as analysis of content performance across Instagram accounts.
- Maintain an Instagram trends monthly report that looks at quantitative and qualitative data and predicts trends, and keeps the wider Growth and Marketing teams informed.
- Stay ahead of social trends, proposing tests and trial programs to expand our presence on new platforms as they gain traction.
Some things you need to have:
- 3-5 years experience creating and managing social-first content
- Compelling storytelling abilities and a passion for creating content on Instagram.
- A sense of humor that translates to social media content.
- Video editing and basic caption/graphics abilities
- A habit of staying in tune with current news, pop culture, and a passion for supporting women.
- Experience programming a broad swath of content across Instagram—scheduling, optimizing, testing, and repackaging.
- First-person social media experience and a willingness to be on camera.
- Experience developing timely social marketing campaigns, with an eye for what drives conversion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a keen eye for grammar and spelling.
- Obsessive interest in the ever-changing landscape of social distribution, community-building, and subscription growth.
- Strong attention to detail with well-honed organizational skills; ability to multitask and manage own time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Eagerness and willingness to learn (and to test and fail).
- A degree in journalism or communications a plus.
This is an FTE role in our Silver Lake offices in Los Angeles, starting asap. Candidate must have a reliable form of transportation.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume. Girlboss offers all full-time employees health benefits paid at 100%, unlimited PTO, 401K, paid maternity leave, remote work on Fridays, and more.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, non-binary, and other marginalized groups to apply. Girlboss is an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Job Description