Social Media Content Manager
Tamara Mellon is a footwear brand spearheading the next generation of luxury. Our shoes are handcrafted in Italy, but sold at direct-to-women prices— eliminating the 6x retail markup of traditional luxury brands. We break all the rules of fashion by ignoring the seasonal calendar with weekly product drops, and adhere to a consumer-centric, women-first model. An outspoken advocate of women’s issues, Tamara Mellon is creating a community of like-minded, next gen consumers.
We’re seeking a Social Media Content Manager to own and produce social creative for all platforms. The role will translate the brand visual vision into social-first content collaborating closely with the Social Media team and the Art Department. The ideal candidate would have strong photography, video and graphic design skills aligned to social media, with a self-starter attitude, attention to detail, a luxury point-of-view and a desire to deliver exceptional social media results.
- Own the social media content creation, including photography, video, design and archive inspirational images.
- Lead the execution of the social creative strategy to meet the follower, engagement and department goals.
- Responsible and accountable for social creative performance metrics.
- Partner with creative team to ensure all content produced is within brand identity aesthetics.
- Collaborate with the Editor of Brand & Social Media and Social Coordinator to plan social media calendar.
- Partner with the Editor of Brand & Social Media on social-first concepts
- Real-time design and execution of social-first assets by channel— including but not limited to video, short-form GIFs/boomerangs/timelapse, static images, etc.
- Prepare and manage asset delivery, including retouching and other production needs on own projects
- Participate in internal meetings as well as interact with external vendors where needed
- Work closely with, communicate and present creative with all key stakeholders and counterparts
- Deliver assets in the correct format and on time
- Publish daily content to all social channels
- Monitor social performance to determine effectiveness and areas for improvement. Pivot social-first creative production as necessary
- 5 years social media/graphic design experience
- Exceptionally skilled at image curation, visual storytelling, typography, layout, form and color
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Well-rounded design experience across all social media channels
- Ability to create gifs and other lightweight video social content
- Acute awareness of social best practices per channel and real-time key social trends
- Highly creative, collaborative, positive, and proactive
Medical, Dental and Vision
12 weeks maternity/paternity paid leave/Carrot Fertility
Employee discount (you love shoes, right?)
Unlimited vacation policy
Entrepreneurial culture with long-term career development opportunities