Senior UX Content Writer at Procore Technologies
We’re looking for a Senior UX Content Writer to join our Product team. In this role, you’ll partner with marketing, customer success, product designers, researchers, and product managers to shape experiences, build trust with our community, and evolve our brand voice and tone within the Procore app and every touchpoint customers have with Procore.
As a successful Senior UX Content Writer, you’re a skilled communicator who can refine complex ideas into clear, compelling, and meaningful copy that encourages users to engage with our product. You’re collaborative, open, agile, and thrive in an environment where change is the only constant.
This position is based in our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Offer a content strategy perspective throughout the product development process
- Influence strategic decisions across and within products to improve the overall experience and ensure consistency
- Partner cross-functionally to drive consensus across teams and advocate for solutions that balance the needs of our users with our business goals
- Define the content strategy for a given product and write clear and concise content across multiple touch points (including labels and navigational elements, emails, tutorials, and notifications)
- Work closely with UX Research to evaluate the needs and behaviors of customers and analyze the impact of content with data and research
- Create content with careful consideration to tone and Procore’s mission that helps our customers feel welcome and empowered
- Evangelize the voice and tone guidelines across the company
- Develop content frameworks, product narratives, and other deliverables that explain your recommendations and help people understand the practice of content strategy
- Approach all of your work with a global mindset, advocate for designs and language that internationalize well, and work with our internationalization team to improve quality
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree preferred in English, Communication, Digital Content Strategy, or another related area of study
- 5+ years’ experience with content design, content strategy, or UX writing with a strong portfolio of content work
- Proven experience writing technical content (UI copy, help documentation, FAQs, and more) in a fast-paced environment
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn new concepts and tools
- Experience defining voice and tone guidelines, style guides, and writing processes that improve content quality
- Experience defining content strategy and information architecture for help systems
- Experience working collaboratively with product, design, engineering, and support
- Strong business acumen and ability to articulate the business value of your work
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Curiosity about the way people think and human behavior
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.