Senior Technical Writer at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is a global technology company with a mission to create a better, more open Internet for everyone through principled, intelligent advertising.
Handling over 600 billion queries per day (more than 100X the query volume of search globally), our platform operates at unprecedented scale. We have also built something even stronger and more valuable: an award-winning culture based on trust, empathy, collaboration, and ownership. By working together across typical dividing lines, we are better as a team than any of us could be apart.
Do you have a passion for solving hard problems at scale? Are you eager to join a trust-based, globally-connected team, where your contributions will make a meaningful difference?
Come and see why Fortune Magazine consistently ranks The Trade Desk among best small-medium sized workplaces globally.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Senior Technical Writer will join a high-performing team of technical writers and report to the Senior Manager, Technical Content. You’ll be responsible for creating technical content for both developers and end users of our platform. You’ll work with product managers, engineers, and many others throughout the organization to understand the product and create helpful, clear, accurate documentation. You will also engage on meaningful initiatives as we re-envision the information experience for our customers and address the needs of a growing global customer base.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
· Working with product managers, engineers, account managers, technical account managers, and many others to understand the product and customer needs
· Working with The Trade Desk product platform via the UI as well as the API to develop a deep understanding of the product
· Writing clear, accurate, helpful, timely, well-organized documentation using both WYSIWYG and tools and Markdown/HTML/CSS
· Advocating for better processes that lead to an improved customer experience; identifying opportunities to improve quality or efficiency and proposing new ideas and projects
· Working with UX designers and product managers to improve the language in the UI
· Using analytics data and feedback mechanisms to understand customer needs; identifying opportunities to do so
· Participating in implementation of new systems such as new or updated CMS tools and translation workflows; process definition and content preparation or content restructuring as needed for such projects
· 7+ years technical writing experience
· Deep familiarity with one or more technical content authoring and content management tools, such as Oxygen, Madcap Flare, RoboHelp, Paligo, or other tools and content management systems
· 2+ years of experience writing API documentation
· Ability to scope and plan technical writing deliverables based on product plans, prototypes, and specifications
· Ability to develop cross-functional rapport and relationships with product managers, engineers, product marketing managers, account managers, and others
· Familiarity with common source control and bug tracking tools (Git, JIRA)
· Experience creating visuals such as screenshots and videos using screen capture and screen recording tools
· Strong research, requirements gathering, planning, writing, editing, proofreading, and communication skills
· Ability to learn complex systems quickly, become a product expert, and offer advice on features and needed improvements
· A self-starter, with great attention to detail, strong time-management and decision-making skills, eager to learn and take new assignments
· Commitment to improving the customer experience; devoted to customer success
· Degree in English, Technical Writing, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent experience
· Experience in digital advertising technology and concepts
· Familiarity with translation processes; experience working with translated content
· Experience migrating content to a new tool or CMS
· Experience creating style guides
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.