Senior SEO Strategist
Discover it Here.
At Nordstromrack.com and HauteLook, we strive to empower shoppers through choice and discovery of the hottest fashion at great prices. At the intersection of technology, fashion and design, we value employees who have great in-“sites” to fashion and e-commerce, act fast, think creatively and embody our customer-first mentality. Our fast-paced, dynamic culture attracts creative, passionate individuals with a determined, can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. Work hard and play hard in a fun, casual and collaborative work environment in the heart of Downtown LA.
The successful candidate will be an SEO expert with sharp analytical skills and the ability to drive enterprise-scale SEO projects. This person will be proficient in SEO best practices as well as being a creative thinker who can strategize for long term SEO growth. The candidate will relish diving deep into SEO-relevant data, building cases for prioritizing projects to grow natural search in terms of traffic, customer engagement, and sales. This position will work closely with other team members in the Acquisition & Growth Marketing team.
A day in the life…
- Drive the development and execution of cutting-edge SEO strategies for optimal search visibility
- Evaluate business impacts of SEO programs by designing/enhancing SEO measurement and reporting capabilities
- Collect and analyze data from various sources and identify opportunities
- Manage 3rd party and SEO agency relationships
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners (Marketing, Site-Merchandising, Buying, Production, Engineering, UX, and Product) to implement SEO best practices, and leverage cross-functional insights in planning and program development
- Serve as the SEO subject-matter-expert to Site-Merchandising during navigation updates/changes
- Evangelize SEO within the organization and facilitate SEO training sessions to improve cross-functional SEO knowledge and alignment
- Oversee the Local SEO program and work with business partners to optimize local listings
- Collaborate with non-SEO marketing team members to leverage SEO insights
- Perform keyword research, create and implement technical SEO projects, and work on link building strategies
- Conduct competitive and industry analyses to define best practice benchmarking and identify gaps
You own this if you have…
- Bachelor's Degree in quantitative field (or equivalent experience).
- 3+ years experience in SEO principles (including Local SEO), optimization variables, and metrics
- 2+ years eCommerce retail SEO experience
- Experience with advanced SEO techniques, tracking/reporting tools, algorithms, analysis and ranking factors
- Experience quantifying marketing and SEO impact, and creating alignment with overall business goals/initiatives
- Strong MS Excel skills including the ability to use formulas, functions, pivot tables and charts
- Experience with web analytics software (e.g., Google Analytics) preferred
- Experience with Conductor, Google Search Console, and web crawling software
- Strong understanding of technical SEO and proven ability to scope and manage technical projects, while communicating needs to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. We listen to what's most important and continue to evolve our offering to support both our employees and their families.
Beyond strong health, retirement and time off benefits, Nordstrom is proud to offer:
- Commuter Benefits
- 100% Paid Parental Leave
- Charitable Giving and Volunteer Match
- Merchandise Discount
- Nordstrom Stock Purchase Plan
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.