Senior Marketing Manager, Japanese Market at iHerb
Working closely with the VP of Growth Marketing, the Senior Marketing Manager, International Markets is the lead in establishing and developing iHerb’s Japanese growth marketing strategy from conception through execution. This position must be well versed and up-to-date on current trends within the changing marketing environment of the appropriate international market and able to provide insights and recommendations to the VP of Growth Marketing and the Executive Team.
- Develop an overall international market growth strategy & plan to leverage the most effective marketing channels (Paid Search, Affiliate, Influencer, Marketplace, Social Media, etc.) to drive success against critical customer acquisition & retention KPIs.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, technology and data teams to define business and data requirements to support marketing program development.
- Contribute to the development and execution of market strategies for Paid Search, Affiliate, Influencer and Marketplace marketing campaigns, including developing strategic roadmaps, test plans, and risk/benefit analysis; as well as analyzing results and developing actionable insights.
- Ensure that all campaigns have clearly defined success metrics which are tracked and analyzed via reporting dashboards.
- Evaluate, onboard, and integrate new marketing partners, vendors, and technology to optimize and increase effectiveness of tactics / programs.
- Develop a deep understanding of what resonates with customers in Japanese market and adjust marketing strategy, tactics, and communications appropriately.
- Ensure compliance with local market policies and regulations.
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Native Fluency in Japanese.
- Strong business acumen, quantitative analytical and personal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, drive change and collaborate effectively with a variety of individuals and teams.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred
- Hands-on experience with the following channels (at scale) Paid Search, Affiliate Marketing, Social Media, Influencer Marketing, Email & Push Communications.
- Generally requires a minimum of 5+ years of digital marketing experience, especially within the Japanese market
- Experience managing and developing a team of direct reports
- Experience in an e-commerce B2C environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Statistics, or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.