Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, the MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. Launched with MotorTrend’s iconic magazine 70 years ago, the company now has a global reach that includes MotorTrend TV, the MotorTrend streaming service, MotorTrend.com, and Hot Rod magazine, with franchises that include MotorTrend Car of the Year, Roadkill, Wheeler Dealers, Best Driver’s Car and dozens more. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Senior Marketing Manager, Customer Acquisition (Streaming Service) (full-time, salaried, regular) will be a strategic leader on our growing Growth Marketing Team focused on driving increased business performance for the MotorTrend SVOD offering and other important digital initiatives through testing and optimization of the consumer funnel on all platforms (web, mobile web, mobile apps, connected devices, etc.). The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter with a performance marketing/eCommerce background who thinks creatively and analytically to drive growth.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead conversion funnel testing and optimization efforts for web/mobile web, connected devices, and mobile platforms
- Drive A/B testing programs with a focus on implementing strategies that improve conversion rates – install conversion and subscription conversion
- Partner with the Creative, Web Analytics and Digital Product team to prioritize a roadmap and operationalize a testing calendar
- Work with the Product Team and the Paid Media Team to enhance our landing page capabilities and develop, test, and launch leading site experiences that connect to our advertising strategies
- Develop, manage and deliver website testing strategy and online optimization roadmap of tests (including headlines, copy, creative imagery, value propositions, and calls to action to improve conversions)
- Manage ASO strategy working with the internal Product Team and an external ASO partner to execute ongoing testing and optimization efforts for Apple App Store and Google Play Store for domestic and international markets
- Analyze website behavior and performance metrics to develop user experience optimization efforts
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the design of experiments including test structure, sequencing, the definition of primary and secondary success metrics, and experiment duration calculations
- Manage multiple and concurrent test projects, keep them on schedule and within scope
- Configure and use website analytics and testing platforms to measure the performance of experiments
- Monitor performance KPIs for changes in trends, share insights and make recommendations to the marketing team
- Provide insights by gathering qualitative and quantitative user feedback via multiple formats (usertesting.com, onsite live feedback, Apptimize, usability hub, heat maps, Adobe Analytics etc.)
- Read, document and communicate results and recommendations of all initiatives and A/B tests to stakeholders and senior leaders regularly
- Partner with Product Team in the creation of new conversion funnels, landing pages, and consumer marketing-related products to help grow the business
- Manage our existing consumer-facing properties, helping to optimize conversion funnels and maintain high performing landing pages
- This position may include supervising other employees in the future where applicable. Supervisory responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide consistent training, support, and mentorship to team
- Review and approve individual timecards (as needed) and time-off requests to ensure optimal staffing levels
- Effective, fair, and consistent performance management
- Fairly and consistently ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Provide consistent and clear reporting and KPI’s of those you are managing to Sr. Leadership Teams
- BA/BS in Marketing/Business/Statistics/Mathematics, or related degree, MBA Preferred
- 7+ years of experience in digital marketing and eCommerce with an emphasis in the video, digital, subscription, and /or mobile space
- 5+ years of experience building and executing site testing and ASO programs
- Experience in D2C subscription-based industry (ideally entertainment, digital, mobile, gaming or automotive)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Deep knowledge of ASO and A/B site testing
- Ability to successfully partner with Product Team to develop, run, and optimize web and ASO tests to drive increase in conversion rates
- Extensive experience with testing and optimizing media strategies including creative, channels, target audiences
- Understanding of mobile storefront testing and optimization including experience with 3rd Party Testing Platforms as well as Google Play tools
- Ability to leverage analytics and complex models to make data-driven decisions, create and execute optimizations that improve acquisition KPI’s
- Strong affinity for data, testing and optimization
- Advanced knowledge of key web analytics suite and tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics), web testing platforms (e.g. Optimizely, Apptimize, Adobe Target etc.)
- Experience setting up and running ASO tests with partners like StoreMaven as well as in the Google Developers Console
- Proficiency in excel and data analysis
- Proficiency with probability and statistics
- Proficiency with analytics tools and web traffic reporting, and ability to do deep data analysis and drive recommendations to senior leadership
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and resolve problems
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills
- Ability to turn complex data and insights into easily understood data stories
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Some travel is required for this position
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- App Annie
- Crazy Egg
- Google Developers Console and Apple App Store Connect
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.