Fame House, a Universal Music Group company, is looking for Senior Manager, Paid Media to join our team in Philadelphia, PA. The Senior Manager, Paid Media will lead paid media services across the company, working with stakeholders across teams to drive results for across clients. Campaigns cover diverse marketing initiatives including direct buys with partners, paid social, and search campaigns for various client accounts, which can include artists, record labels, brand partners, and festivals/events.
The Senior Manager, Paid Media will report to the VP of Marketing to manage our media business operations, including owning administrative processes, identifying new partners and opportunities to grow our media business, and streamlining operations to hit departmental goals.
Founded in January 2011, Fame House is an award-winning digital strategy agency with offices in Philadelphia, New York, Los Angeles and Nashville that's built to uniquely serve the needs of the modern music industry. Fame House's early foresight into crafting services around the new opportunities of connecting artists and fans online led them to help establish a new key role within the music ecosystem serving artists alongside labels, management companies, event companies and agents.
Lead paid media strategy and operations (planning, buying, reporting, etc.) across our client roster:
Manage media partner relationships and expansion of FH paid media capabilities, including developing internal best practices, educating the broader team on evolving media trends, etc.:
- Lead paid media department, supervise planning and execution for marketing account teams and help to integrate paid media as a vital element of comprehensive client marketing plans.
- Manage and execute all components of paid digital media campaigns including targeting and retargeting parameters, bidding strategy, conversion tracking, landing page strategy, setting and monitoring campaign KPIs, tracking set up, and day to day optimization and reporting.
- Manage reporting standards and deliverables to clients on regular basis.
- Work with Brand Partnership team on brand clients to plan and execute media buys with partners to drive brand awareness and lift across various UMG artist audiences and consumer groups.
- Work with Accounts Teams to create and ensure timely delivery of project schedules.
- Summarize and communicate the status of all campaigns with appropriate internal and external contacts.
- Act as key contact for priority paid media clients.
Manage Fame House's paid media business day-to-day:
- Manage the relationships with established media partners (Facebook, Twitter, Google, Spotify, etc.), and technology companies that work with leveraging audience data for paid media campaigns.
- Negotiate group rates with key outlets for direct buys to pass along savings to our client roster.
- Work closely with integrated teams to incorporate learnings from paid search and social into strategic plans, thus improving all other tactics.
- Report developing search trends, tactics, and opportunities to internal team and clients, with occasional authorship of POV's (Point of View) documents.
- Responsible for meeting all Paid Media department deliverables, including administrative protocols, and performance metrics.
- Manage the paid team, including our Paid Media Manager and Paid Media Assistant. Responsible for professional development and managing team resources to accomplish client and business goals.
- Complete monthly billing of company-wide paid media spends across all platforms and reconcile actuals against planned budgets.
Demonstrated ability to effectively manage individuals and teams.
Ability to work well with different personalities and stakeholders both internally and externally to produce positive results for clients.
Ability to quickly and calmly react to changing client needs and deadlines, both internal and external.
Proficiency in managing and optimizing many online marketing campaigns at a time, across ad networks and direct media buys, while meeting deadlines.
Exceptional working knowledge of Google AdWords (including Search, Display, and YouTube advertising), Facebook & Twitter's self-service Ad Platforms, Snapchat, retargeting, and conversion tracking technologies.
Ability to write briefs/RFPs, review proposals, and negotiate with 3rd party publishers to create programs to help move the client's business forward.
Solid understanding of the evolving digital media landscape, especially as it pertains to data collection and targeting practices.
Knowledge of display industry standards, best practices, and key industry metrics.
Marketing technology savvy and comfort with varied campaign management tools.
Strong project management skills for end-to-end execution of programs and campaigns.
Ability to identify performance opportunities, draw meaningful conclusions about root causes, devise scalable solutions, recommend implementation strategies, and measure outcomes.
Strong quantitative skill set; be highly analytical, curious, and structured in exploring and interpreting data.
Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and be a self-starter.
Ability to confidently present information to an executive audience.
Passion for the music and entertainment industry.
4-6 years of experience at a media agency or in a media role within the entertainment vertical, with a focus on digital media.
Hands-on experience executing campaigns across Facebook, Twitter, and AdWords.
- Bachelors in Advertising, Marketing, Business, Communications, or related field.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.