Senior Director of Marketing
With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge we're processing tens of millions of dollars in sales every week. Our mission ‘making repeat orders easier for everyone' began four years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 100 remote-first employees around the globe.
Reporting to the COO, we're looking for a Senior Director of Marketing to own and help execute our growth strategy. In this pivotal role, you will develop a strategic vision for how we show and describe the value of ReCharge, and drive execution. You will develop and own all aspects of marketing including sales enablement, partner enablement, branding and offline event strategy. This includes developing compelling messaging, stories, case studies, videos, and presentations to use across all direct and digital communication with store owners. In addition, you will be expected to grow the team over the next year as we grow the product and distribution channels.
What You'll Do
- Sales and partner enablement: Increase win rates by partnering with the VP of Sales to deliver effective tools across all channels, including product and vendor comparisons, playbook content, product brochures, success stories, and sell sheets.
- Strategic Positioning: Develop a deep understanding of our customer base by gathering insights around the ecommerce market, competitors, industry trends, target personas, buyer needs and the purchasing decision process. Utilize this information to establish best practices around who to target and which deliverables and strategies will ensure successful campaigns for future releases.
- Demand generation: Launch initiatives such as webinars, co-marketing with ecosystem partners and events and follow through captured leads to move them from MQL to SQL. Run marketing campaigns on the existing customer base to generate upsell opportunities.
- Product marketing: Launch new products and features through collaboration with our Product, Sales Engineers and Customer Success teams. Utilize insights from each department to successfully demonstrate to customers and prospects the value of new product capabilities through guides, product videos, webinars, and informative blog posts.
- Content Marketing: Guide the creation of long form content material that supports our thought leadership strategy, including white papers, merchant interviews, speaking engagements, newsletters, and social content.
- New channel opportunities: Identify new market expansion opportunities for our products and lead coordinated efforts accordingly.
- Management: Manage and build career pathing to develop existing team of four team members and future team-members through prioritization, resource management, mentorship, and performance management. Play a prominent role in continued hiring.
- Metrics: Create quarterly KPIs for the marketing department and report results to senior leadership team. Be accountable to measure and report on MQLs.
- Events: Own the branding aspects for all offline events and collaborate with Partner Operations lead for execution of conferences, meetups and influencer dinners.
What You'll Bring
- Typically, 6+ years experience in a B2B SaaS high tech outbound product marketing role
- 2+ years of experience with SMB 1-20M revenue companies, or mid-market 20-200M
- 2+ years of experience in demand generation (lead generation and turning those leads into sales)
- Strong communication and presentation skills: this person will regularly work closely with both internal teams and customers
- Ability to drive strategy, yet willing to roll up sleeves and execute for a small but growing team
- Prior experience enabling sales teams to drive deal flow
- Outcome oriented with a player/coach leadership style
- Demonstrated experience utilizing analytics to solve and prioritize business challenges
- Metrics driven, accountable for KPI’s
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.