Senior Coordinator, Commercial Marketing/Label Relations
Universal Music Group is looking for a Senior Coordinator, Commercial Marketing to be a part of the Caroline/Capitol Commercial Marketing Team. This role will support the commercial marketing account leads with physical and digital partner account relations and day to day work flow. Additionally, this role will work with our labels/managers/artists to develop & execute on campaigns that navigate the best course to market for their releases. The Senior Coordinator will work in tandem with various Caroline/Capitol/UMG team departments under the direction of the VP, Commercial Marketing, Caroline.
- Label Relations: Working directly with Caroline labels on identifying opportunity for their release schedule, organizing calls + agendas, and ensuring goals are being met via reporting and Caroline team communications
- Commercial Team Support – various support functions including:
- Asset solicitations internally and externally
- Daily and weekly sales and shipment updates utilizing various UMGD systems
- Soliciting labels/artists and gathering marketing assets for streaming partners – artist audio/video drops, custom visual assets, etc.
- Sales solicitations and submissions for physical and digital accounts
- Track submissions for various new release playlists and/or track campaigns
- Weekly visibility recaps encompassing on platform visibility of new releases
- Obtain necessary internal approvals on as needed basis with the finance and legal departments
- Reporting: Conduct research, compile and analyze data, and create reports as requested
- Micro Marketing: plan & coordinate with in-stores, signing, performances with commercial team lead
- Artist Relations: liaise directly with managers and artists during specific promo events to ensure execution runs smoothly
- Roadshow & Conference Presentations: work with commercial marketing leads to help build any needed presentation decks/materials.
- Administrative Support – assist VP, Commercial Marketing with various administrative tasks.
- Potential to add junior-account management duties
- Strong Computer Skills: Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint/Keynote
- Great social and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with external partners
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to work under high pressure and speed
- Must be flexible, able to multi-task and manage time effectively
- 1-2 years of administrative experience.
- College degree preferred Existing relationships with labels and/or brands and existing contacts at commercial/marketing platforms
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.