Senior Business Analyst
What the job entails:
Do you love playing statistical games with large sums of money? If the sound of this makes you drool...keep reading.
Jumpcut is an education company that sells online courses. We make most of our money through paid acquisition -- that means we spend between $500,000 to $1M a month on social media sites like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat on funny, viral advertisements like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H-H3l3v-gE&feature=youtu.be
We're doing pretty well. For every $1 we spend, we bring in $4 in revenue. The reason why we're doing well is because we have great ads. But equally important is the fact that we optimize the hell out of those ads. We're constantly testing different hypotheses (do niche ads work, or general ads? do we target audiences at the ad group, or campaign level? do we put a frequency cap on our ads to smooth out spend, or let it spike at the beginning of each month? when do we use CPL versus CPV campaigns?) that help us get better and better over time.
If you're currently a business analyst, data scientist, data analyst, statistician, management consultant, investment banker, or all around data superstar, looking to grow in your career and lead an entire marketing analytics team, this is the perfect position.
Jumpcut is a profitable, Y-Combinator backed company, looking for our first analyst hire. You'll come on to lead this team, grow the team, and grow our revenue from 2-3x in 2019, from $10M+ to $30M+.
Right now, we're also bringing on a director of user acquisition that will deal primarily with the creative side. You'll be working with them -- they'll be the creative, and you'll be the analytical.
While much preferred, we do NOT require significant paid advertising experience -- we've found that if you're smart and curious, have a head for analytics, and can think strategically, you'll be a great fit for the job. If you're hired here, we'll spend the first month teaching you everything we know about paid acquisition, and then you'll take it over from there.
Who you'll be working with:
This job will report directly to our CEO, Kong. We currently don't have a marketing analytics team; in 2018, Kong and Peter (COO) have been the main people responsible for our advertising efforts on YouTube and Facebook, and you'll be working with them directly. Moreover, we have a remote team of five advertising analysts that do the day to day work on the platforms that you will start managing eventually.
- You will increase ad spend by 20% every quarter.
- You will maintain an average of at least 4x ROAS on each platform we advertise on.
Technical requirements that we're looking for:
- At least one year of experience in statistical or data heavy role at an online-first technology company, management consulting company, or investment bank
Non-technical requirements that we're looking for:
- Able to find the signal in the noise
- Can not only extract data from large data sets, but is able to strategically evaluate the data to come up with action recommendations
- Understands how hypothesis-driven testing works, and can design a process around it
- Creative analytically, and can tease out insights from a data set that other people might not know how to approach
- Able to train others to think strategically and analytically
Compensation: $70k – $90k Annually