Senior Brand Strategist at Honey
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a better way to buy the things they want and need online. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Senior Brand Strategist to join the Marketing Team in our Los Angeles office.
About The Role:
In this newly-formed function of Honey’s marketing department, you’ll be part of the team that’s driving consistency, authenticity and distinction of the Honey brand - from what we communicate, to whom and where; driving key messaging and brand strategies as we scale to new markets, reach new audiences and launch new digital services. This role reports to the Senior Director, Brand Strategy. If you’re one part anthropologist, one part creative strategist and one part media planner, read on.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with research teams and consumer insights counterparts to understand and identify unmet consumer needs, barriers, market whitespace, and growth opportunities
- Deliver strategic insights and recommendations for product positioning, communication & persona development based on consumer, competitive, and cultural landscape
- Solidify Honey’s brand positioning and create tools or processes to socialize and evangelize within the organization - across digital product, engineering, marketing, revenue and beyond
- Refine Honey’s brand voice and tone in partnership with the in-house creative team
- Develop brand messaging calendars, seasonal and initiative-specific creative briefs and ensure creative stays on strategy and on message for core target audiences
- Partner with the growth media team on driving performance marketing goals
- Inspire insight-led creative work that resonates emotionally and culturally with our core target audiences
- Manage and track the scorecard of brand health metrics
- Maintain a strong voice grounded in consumer insights to drive strategy across product, marketing & creative
- Foster strong working relationships with internal partners and manage external research partnerships
- 6+ years of experience in brand strategy or brand management in a consumer lifestyle or retail industry
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Passion for retail, tech and the future of commerce
- Experienced skill set in consumer journey mapping, communications planning
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking - you’re able to simplify complexities down to core essences and ideas
- Demonstrated success collaborating, partnering, and influencing at all levels and across all functions of an organization
- Strong interpretive skills & ability to quickly understand data and draw conclusions
- Comfortable managing & prioritizing requests, deadlines, and deliverables in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Comfortable operating in ambiguity in a fast-paced and self-driven environment
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.