Public Relations Specialist
What You'll Do
- The PR Specialist works across the communications group in partnership with the Government Relations and Marketing teams to support communications around expansions into new markets and press opportunities in our existing cities.
- The candidate will support the senior vice president of communications in developing and advancing the organization’s communications and PR strategies while ensuring everything remains on track.
- The right candidate will own media opportunities from start to finish, including the pitching of press, booking of press tours and dinners, management of press calls, and identification and cultivation of leading media targets.
- Contribute to the positioning and message development of Bird by providing insights and tactics to support with the advancement of those messages.
- Implement forward-thinking branding, messaging and communications plans to achieve Bird’s communications goals for audiences including users, media, political decision-makers and other stakeholders.
- Work in partnership the Legal and Government Relations team with press strategies and outreach to complement the advancement of GR strategies.
- Lead Bird’s speaking and awards programming by identifying, recommending and securing speaking and award opportunities for Bird leadership.
- Lead the process of identifying spokespersons and user references and drive content development around amplifying those voices for relevant press opportunities.
- Manage content development and creation, including drafting media outreach materials, editorial briefs, talking points, op-eds, speeches, presentations, etc.
What You'll Need
- BA required
- 2-5 years of experience in public relations, media relations, corporate communications (can be combined)
- 1-2 year of project management experience (supervisory skills preferred)
- Takes accountability for actions and sees projects through to completion
- Solutions-oriented and understands how to best prioritize tasks or assignments
- Demonstrates a high level of organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Confidence and competency in reviewing team work product
- Articulates ideas succinctly and is comfortable with public speaking and presentations
- Excellent writing and editing skills with the ability to use those skills across a number of mediums (social media, press releases, op-eds, speeches, etc.)
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.